Used 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Endeavor model:

Not bad, needs improvement
By John

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my suv with 11K miles. This lightweight SUV is good for what it is: "A lightweight suv." I previously had a honda pilot, that SUV was excellent in the snow, this Mitsubishi in the snow tends to slide a lot, even with the AWD option that I had. Towing capacity: 3500 lbs., not many boats you can tow with that. Interior is very cheaply designed, while the outside is not that much better. Premium gas requirement is a major minus especially in this economy. But you feed it it's premium gas and it performs very well. Steering is excellent, as the low engine makes this car practically stick to the ground, love that feature. An overall good suv if you don't have many expectations.

Favorite Features

Beautiful design, excellent steering, awesome suspension, comfortable car, and plenty of space inside. With premium gas I was averaging almost 17 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the premium gas requirement. Also, improve the quality of the car, to many squeaks inside and outside the car for a $30,000 plus SUV. Also, improve the car insulation, winter is too cold, summer is to hot. In the winter I set it on heat and every other minute it blows out cold air.

Correction on my last review
By Al

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I made a spreadsheet for fuel economy and it turned out better than I thought. On the highway I am getting an ave 25mpg and 18 to 20 in the city. I thought I was getting less than that, pleasant surprise. We still love everything about the Endeavor. Really hope that when I am ready for another vehicle next year, Mitsubishi will have come out with another SUV. I would gladly own 2 of these vehicles.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ride, safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Would have liked a backup camera, plan on getting one installed soon.

1st Mitsubishi
By Al

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Mitsubishi and my wife and I love it. Fun to drive ,VERY comfortable, lots of leg room. I am extremely satisfied with the Endeavor. Hope they come with another model soon. I bought the low end but feel like I am driving a high end SUV.

Favorite Features

Comfort, room, good response, safety features. Good looks, drive one and you will see what I am talking about.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, able to use regular gas instead of the high test it recommends.

Great Vehicle
By Jack Sears

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is an enjoyable vehicle to drive. The only complaint is the fuel mileage. It is comfortable to ride in and it handles great. I am sorry to hear that mine is the last year it will be available. This is my second Endeavor. I enjoyed the first one, traded up to get more features.

Favorite Features

The GPS, and satellite radio are my favorite features, but everything about and on the car is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and a little more leg room for the driver would be nice.

Great For Young Drivers
By Jake

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved this car since my parents rented one for a family trip in 2005. I got one in kaplana black, it has a great look and the exterior design is gorgeous. The interior blue lights are brilliant at night and the whole car has an understated elegance inside and out. I did not buy it for the cargo but I put subwoofers in the back and it fits great. The car can fit the look for anyone, mothers driving kids to school to just driving with your friends to a club.

Favorite Features

The rims on the car are pretty cool, also the blue light interior is nice. The sportmatic transmission is a nice feature on the expressway.

Suggested Improvements

Make the size of the clock and radio control screen bigger. Also making it blue at night would be really flashy! A plug for your iPod or mp3 would be nice.