2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:
Luv My Spyder
By ejanier on 09/25/06 09:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Spyder, I currently have a 1999 Red Convertable Spyder which is still in excellent condition and still gets the looks. We saw the 2007 and needed a second updated Spyder. They both sit in my driveway and I always get comments about the two. The 2007 is much larger and they look cute together. My husband now drives the 1999 and I drive the 2007. He has to ask me to switch every so often. I told him I get enough stares as it is, but with this car, it is amazing how many comments I get about me and the car. Ladies, this is a great pickup car if your interested. I love the quick takeoff, and the sporttronics is fantastic.

Over the Mustang
By Mike Hesse on 09/23/06 15:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

We test drove the 350Z. It had no interior room. Then we tried the Soltice. Nope, it needs a bigger engine. The Mustang nice, but it uses old technology and gets poor gas mileage. The Mini Cooper is to yuppy. The Honda 2000 is a faster Miata, but it is too small, The Mazda RX-8 is very unconfortable. Its arm rest is too high, it has a quirky engine, and the air didn't work very well. The Toyota Solara made for Grandmas. The Corvette is too common. At last we come to the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider. It is a fun, sporty car that my wife and I love. It's our weekend cruiser. It's fast, comfortable, sporty, and I love how the top is buried.

The Honeymoon is Over...
By James Hawk on 09/12/06 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '07 Eclipse Spyder in June and it was great until the first incident in September. One rear Bridgstone tire separated the tread at 2,400 miles. Had it been on the front, I would have been injured. This also damaged the rim. I went back to the dealer who stated, "not our problem, it's not covered under the warranty." They directed me to Bridgestone who "did me a favor" by replacing the tire. No one wants to cover the damaged rim due to Mitsubishi putting defective tires on their new car. After only 2,400 miles, I think the dealer could have been more receptive to this dangerous condition. I still love the vehicle, but don't trust my life to the tires. I'll use my own money to replace all four tires now.

Beauty Isn't Always Skin Deep
By LCummings on 08/29/06 11:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is not only beautiful on the outside but on the inside as well. I get stopped by neighbors every day telling me how nice my car is. The car drives very smoothly. As far as the power goes, I stepped into this car from owning a V8 truck and with the manual transmission and I don't feel the difference except for in my wallet at the gas pump! I love my 2007 Mitsubishi Spyder.

Never liked Spyders Until Now
By Chad on 08/08/06 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

My wife has always said she loved spyders and pushed me to get one until I finally gave up. I was driving by when I saw the 2007 Eclipse and decided to stop. I fell in love with this car as soon as I sat in it. I took it home to the wife and she was in complete shock that I broke down and got it! Riding around town with the top down is just great and this car will turn heads!

Best Car Ever
By Kim on 08/02/06 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking for a convertable and was interested in the Saturn Sky, since I was not able to get one of those, I started looking at other cars. I happened to test drive the '07 Eclipse day while looking at options, and I fell in love. This car is awesome. I have gotten more looks in this car and the way it rides is unbelievable. I would highly recommend getting this car to anyone who want a 4 seat convertable. I have kids so that is also what helped me decide.

2007 Eclipse Spyder
By Zepplin pilot on 07/27/06 10:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Even the 2.4L four cyl. is fun but the power band does not even start untill 3,500 RPM. This car gets great gas milage, which is the only reason not to get the 3.6L. Maybe a cold air intake and a new chip will wake up the engine. It also has a lot of torque steer.

19 Seconds To a Smile
By peter p on 07/11/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I looked at several convertibles before going with the Spyder. At the end it the Spyder vs. the MINI S. The tonneau top, superior AC, and vastly more comfortable seats gave the nod to the Spyder. The MINI S, although a quicker and tighter ride, was left to someone else willing to pay a hefty premium. The GT has plenty of power although it does not really kick in until the RPMs hit 4,000. Because of this I prefer that the TAC is on the left where I can see it. This comes in handy when playing with the Sportronic AT whilst driving with the top down and Rockford system UP. Go leather and get the heated seats. My dealer loaned me a cloth overnight and the heat was sorely missed.

Great car...so far
By james on 07/03/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have only had my '07 Eclipse for a little over a month. But so far..WOW. The design is nice. The back end looks great. The front end could use a little spicing up. The inteior design is nothing short of great. The sound system is dynamic. The top is easy to open and close and the it tucks away semlessly. The 4-cylinder leaves a little to be desired on power in takeoffs, BUT..again, I bought it for fuel economy. So the trade off is OK. The bottom line is: as a motorcycle rider, this is just as much fun and I don't have to put my feet down at a stop sign!

Awesome convertible for the money
By MikeZ on 06/30/06 22:09 PM (PDT)

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the new Eclipse after looking at several other choices in the convertible area, namely the 350Z and the Solara. After test-driving the three cars I chose the Eclipse mainly because the bang for the buck factor. The Solara was just as expensive but bland, slow, and ugly. The Z was great but too much money (it was a tough choice between the two). The eclipse has tons of power and torque, a great sound system, and IMO unique but great styling.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.