Used 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse-spyder - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Eclipse Spyder model:

Glad It's Back
By DG

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Before buying my 07 Spyder I first drove the Ford Mustang and then Pontiac GXP Solstice. Great body design on the Spyder had me at first glance. The first 3 minutes behind the wheel of the Spyder convinced me. Lot's of power with 260 hp v6 engine, comfortable seats and just plain fun to drive. I felt like a kid again. Something I was expecting from the Mustang or the GXP, but they failed to provide. My first Mitsubishi, sorry it took me so long.

Favorite Features

Love the style. Other folks do just what I did, Look and then look again. Love the automatic top up and down feature. Something you would expect to find on a much pricier car.

Suggested Improvements

Better visibility to the rear with the top up.

Better than I thought
By SpyderMan28

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GS 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is more comfortable than my 2004 spyder and rides smoother. It has more power and the gas mileage is incredible. The best I've gotten on the highway so far is 31 mpg. The worst I've seen in the city was 21 and I was moving pretty quick. I just wish they made more kits for it.

Favorite Features

Speaker in rear seat.

Suggested Improvements

More room in back seat.

Fantastico
By Spyder Man

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a play toy for the wife and me. Got the automatic for her, but no regrets. Between the V6 and the Sportronic mode I can have my fun. Love the looks, power, handling and that awesome stereo. Plenty of room in the front seats. The back seat is for kids only, but hey it's a convertible. It's not supposed to be practical. A great fun car to cruise the scenic backroads with. The sunset pearlescent paint and the body style really gets attention. This is the most expensive car we have ever bought. It has all the options.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

Improve rear visibility with the top up. Make the back window bigger. Make the V6 less thirsty. We have averaged around 20 mpg in mixed use driving.

What a Car!
By Paul

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

Fifth consecutive Eclipse, by far the best. Hard to believe actually! So fast, and even with the 18" wheels, rides very well in our rough NJ pavement. Cuts corners like a pro, shift throws are short, braking is strong. Fuel mileage is so-so compared to my last GT 5-speed, but it makes up for it in sheer power. Thanks Mitsu for finally installilng a REAL sound system, heated seats, a windscreen, auto climate control, and an automatic boot cover. Those few things totally transform the car and make it feel much more expensive than it actually is. Love this car!

Favorite Features

Heated seats. Auto climate control. Windscreen. Looks, handling, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Telescoping steering wheel would be nice. Automate the convertible top latches for truely one-touch operation. Shifter knob is a little tall and balky, but just a little bit.

Eclipse Spyder 2007 they got it right
By Dick

2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GT 2dr Convertible (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

The six speed manual performes smoothly. Torque is impressive in all gears. Convertible top operates like magic. Rear seating is very limited. Makes my daily commute to work a pleasure. The lines of the car are distinctive and will get you second looks. Little torque steering from front wheel drive.

Favorite Features

The 260 horse power engine has great torque. The convertible top operations is an engineering marvel.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility to rear. Braking distance should be improved.