2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Cooper Roadster model:

Blast to Drive
By danno820

2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I live in the perfect place to own this car, SoCal. I agree with the Edmunds review in that with the top up there is still a bit of noise and limited visibility, however, why would you want to drive this car with the top up? If it's raining outside I leave it in the garage. Otherwise, it's top down fun and exhilaration! The 6 speed manual is perfect for just that. I find it a struggle to not double the speed limit on most roads. In 3rd gear I can go as slow as 16 mph or as fast as 60. Almost like having an automatic. Ride can be rough at times but, hello, it's a sports car. Want a cushy ride? Buy a caddy! If you want pure driving fun with some awesome features, this is the car for you.

Harmon Kardon sound system is awesome as is the infotainment system with Nav. Heated seats are perfect for those cold weather top down drives!

Memory driver's seat would be great.

So much fun, glad I took the plunge
By llbean2009

2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been driving 4-door sedans from Mercedes and BMW and honestly, as nice and reliable as the cars were, they were boring. I saw the Mini Roadster on a chance visit to a Mini dealer with a friend and fell for it instantly. Who doesn't like the idea of a zippy 2-seater with chrome rollbars and sports seats? Initially, I thought, some day but then asked myself why some day? Why not now? So I took the plunge, ordered a Roadster and some 3 months later it arrived - exceeding all of my expectations. It's as zippy as I'd hoped, the styling is a lot more custom and unique than other cars on the market, it gets great gas mileage and more than anything, I'm happy to own this car.

Easy top down operation, Drive

Integrate more useful mobile apps into Mini Connected

If you're going to spend over 30k you should as well enjoy it!
By tgae

2014 MINI Cooper Roadster Convertible S 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This MINI has been a life changing experience. I've spend too much time searching for what to buy that I finally realized that practicality is the death of happiness. Sure you need a minimum of practicality such as the awesome trunk it has for a small affordable roadster and heated seat for your comfort all season drive but the joy of driving top down in this MINI has been tremendous that no one should wait retirement to live a little! We've had it 5 month and not a single problem so far and it performed great in the snow with a good set of snow tires.

Of course driving the top down in weather between 45 and 95 is like nothing else but aside from the obvious: The trunk capacity is great and we can't wait to travel with it. The peppy engine with its well respectable gas consumption is awesome, not mentioning how responsive and smooth it is as well. The sport mode is really worse it as you can have fun on the weekends and still consume less the rest of the time. Our "MINI Yours" interior really makes it special and unique. There's a surprising amount of storage for its size. You'll never feel cramped (we tried the Mazda Miata. That would have been a nightmare for the passenger). And lastly it's a car you can get with a real color!!!

I'm not a fan of run flat so it would have been nice to accommodate a spare tire even on the S model. The room is there but the chassis was not change from the none S and the central exhaust, which I do like, should have been design to accommodate a spare tire. The paint could be stronger. We got a chip the first few weeks of driving it (could be bad luck). The options should be more clear when ordering and certain items such as central arm rest should not be an option, really!