2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
Great Car
By jim5660 on 06/19/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Most of the reviews on the car are positive. However,if you read the Edmunds review, it sounds like this car belongs in the 19th century. What is the purpose of a car? To get one from point A to point B safely, comfortably, and reasonably economically. The Grand Marquis does all of this very well. I get 27 MPG on the highway and average 23 around town. I drive it conservatively. I'm tired of Edmunds and others running down these cars in favor of more sporty handling vehicles that corner better. What the heck do you need that for? As for interior space, the claim that the Sable is just as big is just not true. The Sable is 6" narrower. Maybe the 'experts' need to reassess a cars purpose.

Gone for a reason
By j_rob82 on 06/27/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I write this tonight as we have just sold our 2008 Grand Marquis LS. It's pillowy ride can lead to car sickness if you drive it on a curvy road. It wallows and bounces up and down like an ocean liner in a bad storm. Speaking of storms, it does horrible in adverse weather and to top it all off, we had a few quality concerns, though the drivetrain has ran flawlessly. Our previous Mercury, a '97 Sable, was the exact opposite experiance. The ride and handling were ballanced well and traction was never a problem. It also seemed to have more leg room which is why we sold the Grand Marquis and are purchasing a 2012 Taurus tomorrow. The quality of the leather alone in the Taurus is 10X that in the G

Wonderful car!!
By sadchevyowner on 09/09/11 22:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My wife and I love her 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis "Palm Beach" edition. We purchased her Grand Marquis 14 months ago. It had 15700 miles. My wife had been driving a 2006 Lexus ES330 that was purchased new. It only had 18000 miles when we sold it. In many ways the Lexus was nice, but it had very uncomfortable seats. The Grand Marquis has exceedingly comfortable seats with lumbar support on both sides. Her Mercury also has the air suspension system and it rides like a dream. We would highly recommend this car. It is really a shame that it is no longer available as a new car, so my advice would be to find a low mileage late model Grand Marquis

Really nice car
By Robert on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Most driving is around town. A very comfortable city ride over railroad tracks and street bumps and the many turns made at intersections.

After a year of driving
By David on 08/11/10 16:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car has performed quite well. Performance: The car has a good amount of low end torque that will get this heavy car moving when you want it to. My only complaint here is the slight lack in higher RPM performance for when you pass during a high speed situation such as the freeway, it can take a bit to get it going a higher speed. Reliability: I have yet to have a major problem with it. I have done well in keeping it maintained and it has rewarded me with no major problems. I have even driven it across the country. The car is very comfortable with plenty of space for your passengers. The fuel economy is standard for any full size sedan. Just don't punch it everywhere.

A Reliable Car
By Paul P on 05/17/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Our 2008 Grand Marquis has been both a fun and reliable vehicle. Around town gas mileage is not a good as our 1997 Crown Victoria - Crown Vic was in the 16-17 mpg range, and the Grand Marquis is in the 14-15 range. While a major consumer magazine calls it an old and stodgy vehicle, it suits us just fine. We're very pleased with it.

Update after 3 yrs of use
By Tip of Texcas on 05/01/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I am updating my review from 3 yrs ago. The car is running great, it is still extremely comfortable but the paint is peeling off everywhere; very disappointing. It has already been repaired under warranty once and I will have to take it back to the dealer again for the same reason. It's really sad; such a beautiful car with such lousy workmanship. I hate to admit: I was wrong praising it.

My fifth in 20 years
By Dave on 04/27/10 09:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought my latest Grand Marquis after a death in the family and this is the nicest one yet. Decent mileage in a fun, reliable, comfortable car. My last four Mercury's never required mamor repairs and were as reliable as any car I can name.

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
By Tom Stipp on 04/22/10 06:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Having owned and driven many late model cars, my 2008 Grand Marquis is one of the very best.Fuel mileage in the upper 20's hwy, extremely comfortable and roomy, excellent reliability, award winning safety record many years in a row. The so called experts would have you believe the body style is outdated and recommends buying one of the newer more up to date not so safe and not very comfortable boxie vehicles on the market they say is more stylish. Had you rather be in a not so safe stylish one or one that has won safety records years in a row if involved in a serious crash which could happen to anyone at anytime? I will stick to my Merc, its a great car.

If only the AC was trouble free
By Al D. on 02/28/10 15:59 PM (PST)

2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My 2008 MGM is my fourth one in fourteen years, except for a 05 Lincon LS (what was I thinking?) the have been my only choice. What can I say, I like the car for all the same reasons aforementioned, but mostly for comfort and reliability. The only exception to this is that I have encountered a AC problem in three of the four I've owned. A 94, 98, 04, 08, and only the 94 was trouble free. But then again it is the only problem. If Merc. could get this right it's a Peach.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Sedan in VA is:

$101 per month*