Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class GL550 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GL-Class model:

Really enjoy it!!
By Michael Wagner

2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I now have 94K on the vehicle and it is still great. I have done most of the work on the car since I like doing that and German cars are very straight forward to work on. I have only had to do brakes and oil and tires so far. Having an intermittent issue with the air suspension now, but will figure it out and fix it. The system is pretty simple and Arnott makes a good replacement for it that has very good reviews. Went to the Continentals for tires...a little stiffer, but so much quieter than the Perelli's. I've taken it on long trips, and into the mountains skiing in heavy snow. It handles everything quite well. They don't makes chains for the 20" wheels, but didn't need them.

Very comfortable SUV and adults can sit in the 3rd seat without crushing their legs or having their knees in their chest. The handling is great for a large SUV.

Even though it is a 2009, some of the technology seems dated for that year. Nav system could be better for finding past addresses or entering an address. No Bluetooth for playing music...only the phone. Not sure why they wouldn't have done both versus having to deal with the cord in the glove box.

Perfect truck but poor technology
By Gurmeet Singh

2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

It is a pleasure to drive this car with comfort seating and the excellent engine it has - very quite and smooth/gliding ride which we love. However, on technology and interior space usage, it is quite poor - My Sienna 2006 had better technology and interior space usage than this truck.

Smooth/Gliding ride, Acceleration, bluetooth integration, Safety feeling and space in the car

Technology and interior space usage - Navigation stinks (can't find COSTCO, and other common stores), very few cup holders, hardly any place to store things, reat entertainment screens poorly placed and no flexibility on tilting them, etc. cruise control is not adaptive- my sienna was better on these

Awesome!
By MDB

2009 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class SUV GL550 4dr SUV AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This my 15th Benz and I love it! Rides and feels like my S500! New navigation, new entertainment system, ventilated front seats just to name a few of the upgrades over the the 2008 and bigger outside mirrors make this SUV the one to beat!

New navigation!

Be great to offer a GL63 AMG!