Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:

Absolute P.O.S.
By hrspeech

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I fell for the "oh, we've completely redesigned the E-class to be more reliable and compete with a Lexus line of B.S." This car has 27,000 miles on it and is sitting in my garage DOA. Not because we mistreat it and not because we don't do the outrageously expensive services. It's left me stranded because it's a normal piece of "german engineering." The only folks who appreciate "german engineering" are the service techs who get rich on servicing this garbage. Run the other way and buy yourself a Lexus before you make the same mistake I made. I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever fall for this line of B.S. again. The best cars are engineered and made in Japan. Plain and simple.

If you work for Mercedes or sell these cars, you should be ashamed of yourself. Or better yet, go find yourself a job at Philip Morris, you'll fit right in.

Luxury cars don't even consider offering pleather seats. Consider making a car that starts and runs reliably for a change. Oil changes should cost $30, not a small house payment.

Impressed
By carbuff50

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've had three BMW 5 series, an "07 E-class, Jag XJ, etc. and must say this 2010 is the best so far. Beautiful design/classy and super comfortable drive/quality is excellent. This one is a keeper.

Style/features/comfort.

Maybe tighten the steering a little bit-it is very good but I tend to like a real sports car feel.

The best I've owned
By rockinb23

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I've owned a bunch of different nice luxury cars over the years including a Cadillac CTS, 3 Series BMW, 5 older Mercedes Benz cars and when I was trying to figure out what to buy I compared the E Class to several others like the Acura TL, Audi A6 and BMW 5 Series. This car is by far the nicest I've owned or driven. It is very stylish and even with the 3.5L V6 it gets up and goes!!!! The Paddle shifts make you feel like a race car driver when you are getting on the freeway. Mine has the Sports package and the P1 Package and it looks killer in black with the low profile 18" wheels. I get compliments on it from any one who sees it or rides in it. Great car!!! 44k Miles so far so good.

The Styling of the interior and exterior are my favorite features. Great looking car that makes you proud to own it and drive it. The 12 Speaker Harmon Kardon system sounds great and the seats are very comfortable.

Slightly more affordable dealer service costs would be nice.

Better Then All The Rest
By jordanbibbs98

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The best car I've been in. Amazing built quality, soft touch materials, nice stitching and wood grain. Easy to read gauges and command sysytem. The ambient lighting and sound system is flawless. Great on gas. Probably the best car to get wit all wheel drive. Quiet on the highways. Alittle bumpy on pot holes. But that's expected from a heavy sedan with beefy sport rims and low profile tires. Honestly this car beats every car in its catorgory. Very safe and comfortable. Mine is a 2010 E350 4-Matic with 55,000 miles. Have had No issues or complaints. Just one, the tire pressure monitoring system (tpms) is alittle fussy during the cold season due to the differences in tempature.

Heated Seats Sound System Durable Leather Seats Amazing Ambient Lighting Safety Features Built Quality/ soft materials, nice carpeting, solid door panels

The sport rims are easily scratched when driving in a car wash or bumping a curve. Better placement of the HD radio antenna.

1st year in the shop over 2 months
By sk25

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have had a BMW, Lexus and really liked the 2010 E350...so I purchased a CPO one. And that is where the nightmare began. The navigation system randomly freezes, the stereo system/phone system is on but no sound. MB says its the software...hmmm but cannot be the hw according them them. The rear bumper was literally not fitting in properly...they said that happens?? WOW ok. The rear passenger door was not aligned with the car...they said that happens with time! The window would open on its own...they replaced the window, and said...its fixed...but it was not, they finally changed the motor and now its fixed. Worst experience I can imagine! Perhaps a Yugo would be better!?!

That it works in order for a month at a time, but then something else goes wrong.

Lets not have the bumper fall out of alignment with the body of the vehicle! Ensure the windows dont open on their own. Fix the hardware and stop saying its a sw issue. Improve your customer service. When I called M-Benz of North America...they line is that what the warranty is for. So you sold me a warranty on a nightmare of a car. I will go back to Lexus. After 1 year this car has been to the dealer no less than 6 times, and is currently there...week 4 now (they called to say it was ready) but when I came to pick it up the issues were not corrected. Called M-Benz customer retention manager on Tues...still no response. Its been a horrible experience!