2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific E-Class model:
Best Car We Have Ever Puchased
By Bob Salvatore on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I looked at BMW,Lexus, Audi, Jaguar and Cadillac. We test drove each car twice, on separate occasions. We recommend you doing this. It does talk a lot of time but if you are spending $50,000 plus, we think it is worth the effort. We consider the exterior design, the comfort of the ride, the interior design, the trunk capacity, and the interior noise level. The Mercedes E350 we test drove was our final choice and we are very happy we chose to purchase this vehicle. It is elegant, quiet and very responsive We thought the BMW was a nice car but the ride was not comfortable and the steering stiff. The Lexus was nice, but it did not have the luxury interior we wanted.

A Really Sleek Touring Coupe
By miracolo on 08/06/10 13:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes and overall, I am extremely pleased. I have owned 6 BMWs and most recently, an Infiniti G37 Coupe, all with manual transmissions, so this car with auto/paddle shifters was a leap. Before buying I looked at a BMW335 Coupe, another G37 Coupe and an Audi A5 Coupe. While the A5 design is great, it felt a little cramped inside especially since the sunroof doesn't slide open - weird. The E350 looks great, inside and out. Interior is spacious and the panoramic sunroof adds to that. Road and highway handling are excellent, but it could use a bit more power and some muffler resonance. Overall, it's a Grand Touring Coupe that I am truly happy to drive.

2010 Mercedes-Benz E350 Coupe
By ASB47 on 07/03/10 10:17 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my sixth Mercedes-Benz automobile and it is the best! I have been driving it for one year. It did not have one thing go wrong with it during this time. The lumbar support in the front seats is excellent. The voice control system is easy to use. I didn't think I would use the heated front seats, living in South Florida. This past winter was COLD! The heated seats were terrific!

Nice Pretty Car - Fun to drive
By Paul J on 06/14/10 10:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This car is great. Nice looking and a bit roomy - for a coupe anyway. For average size adults (under 6 ft) won't have a problem with the backseat. Only gripe is performance - this car is not a speed demon but has enough pick up to leave most cars and can hold a good cruising speed. Since I am not racing people it is not a real problem, But I would love to have the power of the 550 if the gas tax/mileage wasn't such a big hit. Overall, great cruising car and handles great.

I am smitten!
By Bob Dixon on 05/28/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am smitten! Having owned the Mercedes 350 coupe for just one day now my thoughts run to how much a pleasure it is to drive. The supple ride, the wonderful handling, and quiet power, all lead me to praise this car way beyond anything I have ever owned. My concern about leaving my Solara behind have melted into the expectations of getting the car out on the open road and enjoying the touring experience. I am constantly surprised at the little driver friendly touches I find as I move along. Does this car actually make you younger or just feel younger?

Great car, fun to drive!
By First time MB owner on 04/26/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Bought the E350 coupe black on black and love it! Only had it two weeks so far an no major gripes or issues. I was nervous hearing and reading about build quality issues and while only having the car two weeks the jury is still out but no problems whatsoever thus far. Did a great deal of research prior to purchase and have no regrets other than trying to keep a black car clean and shiney. If you are interested in handling and performance look elsewhere. This is a cruiser. My other car is a late model Corvette and while the Benz is still in the break in period, I still downshifted and took a hairpin turn which squeeled the tires which would never happen on the Corvette.

Buyer Beware!
By Taryn on 04/07/10 16:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The sunroof design is an absolute joke. While test driving the car on a gloomy day, I never thought to check how the sunroof closed. Every car I have ever had or been in has a solid screen that closes off the sunroof. Not this car. The sunroof screen is mesh, not solid, and thus lets sunlight in through the roof while the sun is overhead. When I am driving around mid-day I need to wear a hat and I need to blast the air conditioner (even on a cool day) as the car heats up excessively with sun coming through the roof for many hours. I was so thrilled when I bought this car but now I dread to drive it during the day. Mercedes refuses to do anything to help.

Update to my earlier review
By CarolB on 02/18/10 09:39 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Now have 6600 miles on the Benz. I still absolutely love to drive it & my overall rating doesn't change. Have found a couple of minor things that could be improved upon. The auto- sensing wipers are not very good. They sometimes come on when there is not any moisture at all. You cannot adjust them other than slow, med, fast and auto. My Toyota had a variable speed ajustment like a dimmer switch that was quite useful. The second item is the nav which doesn't allow anything to be entered while the car is in motion. While I understand this is likely for safety reasons it is aggravating since it prohibits the passenger from making any course adjustments while riding.

Coupe de Grace
By suds on 01/24/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

An outstanding looking car that's solid, sporty and fun to drive on the open road. The 350 v-6 is a little underpowered when accelerating, especially compared to my previous ride.....a BMW 335i ( 300hp, twin turbo) This car feels larger and more solid, and safer than the bimmer though, and its exterior design is sleeker and more attractive to my taste. Give Mercedes a lot of credit for upgrading its design and updating the technology in the E-class while reducing the MSRP by $5,000. This is an extremely good value in its class. My odometer just turned 1,000 miles and I've averaged 22.4 mpg overall.

Fun Car and Great Appearance
By Tom on 11/09/09 10:49 AM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I moved up from a CLK (which I loved) to the E-Coupe 350 2010 and thought they would be comparable. They are not; the E-Coupe is far more advanced. The two optional packages load the car with great technology that is easy to use. I decided not to get the sports package and I'm glad I did because the ride is smooth and comfortable without it. My CLK had a hard ride. This E- Coupe is a dream to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class in VA is:

$152 per month*