1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Consumer Review: My experience w/ E320

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class - Consumer Review

E320 Sedan (3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

My experience w/ E320
By Stewmeistr on

1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Sedan

I find that finding someone who won't take advantage of you while fixing these cars is a very rare find. My suggestion is to get a code reader and diagnose problems yourself. Goto an online store like Az autohaus to buy parts or ebay and get parts to put on yourself. Most aren't tough, but will save you alot of money. Known problems are air mass sensors($), the ac fan relay. Ours has been relatively inexpensive to own, but I can see how you could get taken with one of these cars. The dealerships will charge big $ for simple problems. Good luck, these cars still drive better than new cars. Made with quality, but some bad parts spoil the bunch. Great mileage though and smooth power.

Great looks, decent power, great mileage, autobahn like gearing can get you to 90mph effortlessly. Sewing machine smooth engine.

Get better air mass sensors. I've never had a car that "eats" them like this car at 240 a pop wholesale, that hurts.