Well, it was fun while it lasted.
By Chris on
1994 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E320 4dr Wagon
I absolutely love this car. It's a tank, it seats seven, and gets respectable mileage for such a huge vehicle. I averaged 22-25 mpg. I put it through hell, a Fargo Winter, two Kansas City summers, and many miles of highway driving. Ulrich von Nerdwagen is on life support; a bead clutch in the transmission is toast and reverse is nearly shot. Couple that with either a headgasket or a broken water pump, and I would have to put more than the car is worth into it to keep it running. If they break.. man does it stink. I adore this vehicle, and would stick to W124 chassis exclusively if I had more money to deal with my terrible luck. I'd recommend to anyone. I like having no cupholders...
Favorite Features
88 cubic feet of cargo space, thoughtful folding process of seats (theyre ALL FLAT) Silky smooth M104, substantial buttons and switches, and most importantly, the ride. There is no car in the world that acts as composed as a Mercedes-Benz at ninety miles per hour. I'll be sad to see mine go.
Suggested Improvements
Yet again, the MB sales people thought american consumers didnt deserve the far better european climate control system with more than two settings. Also, the wiper has only three settings. The wheel bolts caused many grumbles. I like to slide wheels ONTO studs, not goof around for several minutes.