Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

CLK 350 Convertible
By Alan Bell

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Fun to drive. Sporty but feels like a sedan when the top is not down. Beautifully appointed interior.

Best ride of my life!
By rain rod

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have always been a Mercedes Benz enthusiast, my grandfather drives a Mercedes, my father owned a few , and now I own one. Like all Mercedes cars, the CLK is proof of their excellence is car making. Before I bought my CLK, I had a 2002 C 240 passed down from my grandfather with 170k miles that was a testament to just how superior Mercedes is. When I got the CLK 350, I couldn't believe how amazing the car was. It has a classic design that looks beautiful when driving on the roads, and the interior is just as lovely. Even today, I still get compliments on my car, and my people think that it is a much newer model than a 2009! The pillarless rear windows make the car It accelerates from 0-60 in about 5 seconds and it is so smooth, sometimes you don't realize just how fast you're going. Also like any Mercedes, it takes turns so graceful even at high speeds, and stops just as swiftly and comfortably. I've had this car since March of 2013 and have not had any major issues with it. This car is timeless and I know that I will have it for many more years to come.

Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed.
After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low).
It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive.
Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats.
I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

The ride and handling are awesome; it's quiet (even my cabriolet), smooth, responsive. I love that I can manually shift the automatic from the shifter. Audio is plenty strong enough for my tastes. The array of features is great. Visibility seems very good for me, esp for a cabriolet. Looks and styling have held up well; I have a 2009 and for me the styling still holds up as classy and sporty.

The nav system is definitely out of date and suffers from the joystick navigation and poor interface in general - I've all but given up on using it. The iPod interface is quirky; songs show up on the dash display rather than the radio, and you use the steering wheel controls to operate it. The two cup holders in the front and none in the rear are minimalistic. The driver's side mirror could cant out a bit further for me (I'm tall and drive with the seat fully back), but haven't had blind spot issues really.

Grand Touring at a fair price
By Dan

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for almost two months now. This is my second Mercedes and I'm even more pleased with this car than i was my first (which was an E-class wagon). My car is steel gray/ stone, has the P3 package, the AMG appearance package, the huge wheels & AMG rims, and the sport-tuned suspension. It handles like a grand tourer and has the typical ride of a Benz, far smoother than most convertibles. I must say, this style has aged gracefully. Even after being around since 2004, the CLK cabrio looks clean and fresh. (Audi A5 looks more handsome, but this car has the better interior, MUCH better motor, and the better price). It's a great CPO deal. Better value than Audi A5 or BMW 6-series

The engine is tops. Has GOBS of torque and power, ive personally timed 0-60 in 4.7sec. (that is Maserati Gran Turismo and Aston Martin DB9 territory!) I also enjoy the host of accommodations included in the P3 package. Car is basically loaded. the little seat belt presenters are neat too :)

Reason i rated build quality 9 instead of 10 was due to very cheap and plastic-feeling grill. While washing the car, i almost cracked it in half. Also, bluetooth isn't as up-to-date as newer rivals like 3-series and A5, but that's understandable.

Simply Gorgeous!
By sqrl18

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I knew noting about this car, but fell in love with it instantly. The color is steel blue gray with stone interior. We didn't tint the windows, which kept it looking simply beautiful. Drove like a dream, but MB service was somewhat disappointing compared to other cars we've had. Two pet peeves: cup holder design is stupid and it was almost impossible to keep the 'kick area' on the lower doors clean. Other than that, we loved this car. Sadly the car was totaled after 6 mo (someone ran a red light). We're heartbroken, but excellent safety design allowed us to walk away with only a slight sore neck that night. How do you value that? This car was priceless.

No support bar gives a unique look when the windows are down. Safety cage design.

Needed grab handles on the front roof support. Satellite radio dropped more than worked. Bottom fabric is hard to clean. Cup handle design.