Used 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed. After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low). It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive. Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats. I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

The ride and handling are awesome; it's quiet (even my cabriolet), smooth, responsive. I love that I can manually shift the automatic from the shifter. Audio is plenty strong enough for my tastes. The array of features is great. Visibility seems very good for me, esp for a cabriolet. Looks and styling have held up well; I have a 2009 and for me the styling still holds up as classy and sporty.

The nav system is definitely out of date and suffers from the joystick navigation and poor interface in general - I've all but given up on using it. The iPod interface is quirky; songs show up on the dash display rather than the radio, and you use the steering wheel controls to operate it. The two cup holders in the front and none in the rear are minimalistic. The driver's side mirror could cant out a bit further for me (I'm tall and drive with the seat fully back), but haven't had blind spot issues really.

Grand Touring at a fair price
By Dan

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for almost two months now. This is my second Mercedes and I'm even more pleased with this car than i was my first (which was an E-class wagon). My car is steel gray/ stone, has the P3 package, the AMG appearance package, the huge wheels & AMG rims, and the sport-tuned suspension. It handles like a grand tourer and has the typical ride of a Benz, far smoother than most convertibles. I must say, this style has aged gracefully. Even after being around since 2004, the CLK cabrio looks clean and fresh. (Audi A5 looks more handsome, but this car has the better interior, MUCH better motor, and the better price). It's a great CPO deal. Better value than Audi A5 or BMW 6-series

The engine is tops. Has GOBS of torque and power, ive personally timed 0-60 in 4.7sec. (that is Maserati Gran Turismo and Aston Martin DB9 territory!) I also enjoy the host of accommodations included in the P3 package. Car is basically loaded. the little seat belt presenters are neat too :)

Reason i rated build quality 9 instead of 10 was due to very cheap and plastic-feeling grill. While washing the car, i almost cracked it in half. Also, bluetooth isn't as up-to-date as newer rivals like 3-series and A5, but that's understandable.

Simply Gorgeous!
By sqrl18

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I knew noting about this car, but fell in love with it instantly. The color is steel blue gray with stone interior. We didn't tint the windows, which kept it looking simply beautiful. Drove like a dream, but MB service was somewhat disappointing compared to other cars we've had. Two pet peeves: cup holder design is stupid and it was almost impossible to keep the 'kick area' on the lower doors clean. Other than that, we loved this car. Sadly the car was totaled after 6 mo (someone ran a red light). We're heartbroken, but excellent safety design allowed us to walk away with only a slight sore neck that night. How do you value that? This car was priceless.

No support bar gives a unique look when the windows are down. Safety cage design.

Needed grab handles on the front roof support. Satellite radio dropped more than worked. Bottom fabric is hard to clean. Cup handle design.

Outstanding in every regard.
By Joe Blake

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first offshore vehicle. As far as I am concerned, this car is in a class by itself. It was a said day when I passed the Cadillac and Lincoln dealerships realizing there was not a car in there for me. As expensive as it is, this car blows away the Jag XK8 which is almost twice the price. And as far as a BMW 335 comparison, I have yet to find anyone who has been in my car that agrees the 335 belongs in the trash can when compared to the CLK. Unfortunately, the 2010 E350 convertible replacement of this CLK model looks harsh, like the design was forced onto the car. And the price is another $12k. Get a CLK while they are still available.

In Dash/Speedometer Navigation displays the direction you are traveling and the street you are on as well as the temp! And the wood/leather combo on the steering wheel is to die for, as well as the leather accents on the doors.

Get rid of the plastic engine cover and show off the power plant.

My first MB and Boy I love it !
By jigs

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have owned fully loaded Acuras (TL and MDX), so not new to luxury features, but Boy Benz is a Benz. The drive, the zip, the styling, etc. - a class apart. One look at the BMW interiors and this baby and you will know what I am saying. And of-course the exterior is a killer which no other brand can compete. Just wish the tail portion was slightly lowered and the looks would have been perfect. A little disappointed with few standard luxury features missing in a car with this price tag - Rear camera/Park Assist, No Aux input, No ipod interface on the 7" NAVI/Audio screen. Bluetooth requires an external adapter which needs to be snapped on... other than that, love the car !

Front Grill and Lights - way better looking than the new 2010 E convertible. Quite, Smooth Ride and Tranny, Beautifully crafted Interiors with my Wood Steering Wheel. That is a must !

HK Logic7 audio can do with more deep Base - My Acura's Bose stereo was better. Integrated bluetooth and backup/rearview camera. Brighter Display.