2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Very happy CLK 350 cabriolet owner
By ellefritz on 01/01/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first MB and I'm in love; in fairness I've owned mostly Toyotas and Hondas so it's my first luxury ride but I'm very impressed. After 6 months I've had no mechanical issues (though my miles are very low). It looks great standing still and very very fun to drive. Wasn't sure how much I'd use the convertible but I use it all the time, especially with the heated seats. I mostly drive in the city but am getting about 20 mpg combined city/highway.

Grand Touring at a fair price
By Dan on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've had the car for almost two months now. This is my second Mercedes and I'm even more pleased with this car than i was my first (which was an E-class wagon). My car is steel gray/ stone, has the P3 package, the AMG appearance package, the huge wheels & AMG rims, and the sport-tuned suspension. It handles like a grand tourer and has the typical ride of a Benz, far smoother than most convertibles. I must say, this style has aged gracefully. Even after being around since 2004, the CLK cabrio looks clean and fresh. (Audi A5 looks more handsome, but this car has the better interior, MUCH better motor, and the better price). It's a great CPO deal. Better value than Audi A5 or BMW 6-series

Simply Gorgeous!
By sqrl18 on 05/12/10 05:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I knew noting about this car, but fell in love with it instantly. The color is steel blue gray with stone interior. We didn't tint the windows, which kept it looking simply beautiful. Drove like a dream, but MB service was somewhat disappointing compared to other cars we've had. Two pet peeves: cup holder design is stupid and it was almost impossible to keep the 'kick area' on the lower doors clean. Other than that, we loved this car. Sadly the car was totaled after 6 mo (someone ran a red light). We're heartbroken, but excellent safety design allowed us to walk away with only a slight sore neck that night. How do you value that? This car was priceless.

Outstanding in every regard.
By Joe Blake on 02/11/10 09:16 AM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first offshore vehicle. As far as I am concerned, this car is in a class by itself. It was a said day when I passed the Cadillac and Lincoln dealerships realizing there was not a car in there for me. As expensive as it is, this car blows away the Jag XK8 which is almost twice the price. And as far as a BMW 335 comparison, I have yet to find anyone who has been in my car that agrees the 335 belongs in the trash can when compared to the CLK. Unfortunately, the 2010 E350 convertible replacement of this CLK model looks harsh, like the design was forced onto the car. And the price is another $12k. Get a CLK while they are still available.

My first MB and Boy I love it !
By jigs on 01/07/10 12:51 PM (PST)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Have owned fully loaded Acuras (TL and MDX), so not new to luxury features, but Boy Benz is a Benz. The drive, the zip, the styling, etc. - a class apart. One look at the BMW interiors and this baby and you will know what I am saying. And of-course the exterior is a killer which no other brand can compete. Just wish the tail portion was slightly lowered and the looks would have been perfect. A little disappointed with few standard luxury features missing in a car with this price tag - Rear camera/Park Assist, No Aux input, No ipod interface on the 7" NAVI/Audio screen. Bluetooth requires an external adapter which needs to be snapped on... other than that, love the car !

Nothing but fun
By DCM on 10/24/09 12:49 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Previous cars: Audi's A4/6, Porsche Boxster S. I purchased a "Grand Edition" CLK 350 ,only 400 coupes imported. I wont see one on every corner. Grand comes with a host of sport items; suspension, 18 AMG wheels, Contisports 35/45, aero bodywork. It is set up more towards a sport tourer. I really liked the firm ride. not harsh though. It is much more of a drivers car than the audi's and the interiors are very close in design and build quality. I have to say what really sold me were the looks. This is the last year for the CLK and quite frankly I do not like the new C/E classes. The interior is very well appointed. The grand has the chocolate with cream stitching.B MB logo on the brakes!

Back into a Mercedes again
By Bru on 10/08/09 06:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Our last Mercedes was a 1996 C280 which we drove for 13 years, which was replaced by an Acura TSX. After seeing this beauty at the M-B dealer next door to Acura, three days later we traded in our '06 BMW 330ci convertible. After 6 months, we are very happy with the car overall, although in times where so much economic news is bad, you definitely feel the expense of owning a Mercedes. So far, three trips to the repair garage for minor glitches. First service appt. is $238 vs. $59 paid for our first Acura service. This car gets a ton of attention and compliments.

First One
By JWS on 09/23/09 06:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

My wife and I recently purchased this car after looking at BMW, Lexus and Audi. This is our first Mercedes (having owned the previously listed three). Frankly, I was a little apprehensive given Mercedes' quality control issues in the 1990's. After driving the car for over one month now, I am completely satisfied with every aspect of the CLK 350. The car is beautiful, is comfortable to drive and the fit and finish is outstanding. The back seat is surprisingly roomy for a two door. I owned the BMW 328i and I can tell you that this car handles and rides much better (I have the P90 Appearance Pkg. with the Sport Suspension).

Going to Miss CLK styling
By EmeraldCoast1092 on 09/22/09 13:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third Mercedes-Benz CLK, nothing but fun to drive much better than any of my BMW's. Easy of convertible top functions, remote control, good sound system, great on the highway miles per gallon for Florida, very easy with maintenance services schedules and looking for a new 2010 when lease expires. Much better beverage holders now and the bluetooth phone function is great. !

Anniversary present
By Melissa on 09/09/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK550 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

A very well designed and quality built vehicle. I have had many cars, Honda's, Nissan's, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti's, and even an '02 Benz (honestly, we did not have a good experience, I was a little tentative to try again), this one thus far is proving to be number 1. The 5.5L V8 power in a vehicle it's size is a lot of fun, the growl from the engine is impressive, you almost can't help but lead foot the gas pedal, because it is so smooth, very easy to drive. The weight and power combination of the vehicle is a true testament to Mercedes Benz engineering.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class in VA is:

$140 per month*