Where's the Beef?
By 997C2S CAB on
2009 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)
I've owned many M-B's since 1984. This is a very nice car, but after a month, I wish I'd gotten the C350. I also have an '06 Porsche Carerra S Cab and just turned in an '07 E350. It has P1,P2,Nav,18's and Panoramic Roof. All that stuff works great, but the seats are not as comfortable as my E350 was. My two major gripes are the brakes and power. I do 70% freeway driving and at 65 mph, this motor has limited passing ability. Punch it and it makes a lot of noise, but takes an hour to get around a big rig, especially on an uphill grade. I guess it depends on what you're used to. Additionally, the car is 'underbraked'. You really feel the brakes straining to bring the car down when needed.
Favorite Features
The voice activated NAV works great. So does the Bluetooth, but it won't import my phone book like my 2007 E did. Car has less body roll than my E Class did...that's a plus!
Suggested Improvements
Larger brake rotors (carryover from C350) and a little more torque and horsepower would make this a complete winner. Also, include fold in mirrors and PLEASE bring back the right side mirror parking position feature. Also, display each individual tire pressure on the TPMS screen like Porsche does.