Great First Van
By Ike on
2004 Mazda MPV LX 4dr Minivan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
I always hated vans, but as a father, I had to give in. I got rid of my "grampa-style" sedan and my 4x4 truck and got one family vehicle. I debated between an SUV and a Minivan, today I drive the MPV. Granted I miss my comfy seats sedan and its leather seats, sub-woofer, moon-roof, etc., but I'm impressed by this van. It was well thought out. The variable seating configuration is amazing. I added Limo Tint and a rooftop LCD and we even go sit in the back seat, eat dinner and watch a movie inside the van. It drives and handles very well. I just wish the driver seat was a lot more comfortable, its too hard and too short.
Favorite Features
The seating arrangement!! WOW. I also like the fold up center tray, the large storage compartments in front, cup holders, etc. Mine is a sport model and I love that it does not look like a mini-van.
Suggested Improvements
Yep, the shifter blocks the view of the AC, which is 100% annoying. The front seats need to be bigger, longer, I like them up to my knees. As it stands, it gets uncomfortable in the long trips. I would also relocate the fuel door so you can open the door at the same time.