It's not a minivan it's a SUPER WAGON
By wnull on
2014 Mazda Mazda5 Sport 4dr Minivan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
when our 2007 mazda3 was totaled we knew we wanted another mazda. we had that car since new with 130k on it and no issues. We also wanted something for our growing family but yet something kind of fun to drive. My wife refuses to drive anything but a manual transmission. So the mazda5 has fit the bill for everything. we don't usually have more than 4 people in the car at a time but it's nice to know we can fit 6 if needed. If you plan on taking this for long vacations using all six seats..BUY the roof rack! MPG so far has averaged 28/ best 32..mostly hwy and long stretches of 40mph roads during my commute. For a young couple that like smaller maneuverable cars this is the way to go!
Favorite Features
Manual Transmission! Simple car! I guess we are weird but we like that it doesn't have a huge touch screen in it. We like that there isn't a lot of distractions and instead just love the drive. The Super Wagon is actually pretty darn fun to toss around corners (when there's not kids in the back of course). Love the sliding second row seats and the under storage/flip out cup holder. We play in a Scottish Bagpipe band and so far there's all kinds of places to put our stuff for long trips! Aux jack and usb ports are in a fantastic spot.. easy to access. I hate when the aux jack is in a glove box.
Suggested Improvements
Don't punish me for wanting a manual transmission. I'd love heated leather seats..much easier to clean with kids! Leather wrapped steering wheel would be nice! the mpg trip computer is turned off for the base model wtf!?!? how about stock foglights. I purchased a set and will install them but come on it's not even and option! allow the front seats to go back just an inch more...I fit just comfortably at 6' but my friend who's 6'2" looked cramped and uncomfortable. I understand this would eat up some of the back seat area.