Used 2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

Not Happy
By pebe98

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the 07 MKZ used in 08 with 5,200 miles. It gets parked for the winter and at this time has 20,200 miles on it. Between the air conditioning and the transmission problems, this car spends more time at the dealership getting fixed and I am paying insurance on a lincoln and am driving a focus loaner. The dealer just had this car for 2 wks fixing transmission, had it back 2 days and is currently at the dealer again with no end date for repairs to be finished. It has officially spent more time in the shop than my 10 year old honda odyssey ever has...Would definitely not trust this car on an extended trip any time soon.

Love the motor and cooled seats. Seats are comfortable and rides nicely on rough roads (which are everywhere here). Other than that, have not really gotten to spend a lot of time in it.

Change trunk closure since I am short and cant reach the tail light like my husband and end up touching the paint. Just really disappointed with the whole experience; would probably enjoy if it wasn't at the dealer all the time getting fixed and if we weren't stuck driving a loaner that smells like a barn in the trunk and has questionable stains on seats and other places...

Nothing Stops My MKZ
By azucks

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 25000 miles on this car and have yet to have a problem. This car is the most reliable and unstoppable car that i have ever owned. I live in NJ and have little country cottages up in upstate NY and going up those hills in a foot of snow and driving through the mud, sand, dirt, and grass has never posed a problem for my MKZ AWD. The AWD system is so advanced sometimes i think it does better than my LR4. The car is amazing in the bad weather and the engine is quite powerful. It is not a rocketship but it's no slow poke either. Very few people will use the AWD system like i do for example i went up dirt/mud covered roads yesterday but it is still a nice accessory to have.

-AWD -Navigation -HID Headlights -Cooled/Heated Seats

There could have been an optional V8 for those who want a little extra power

The Good and Bad of It
By Disappointed

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned car for 4 years. I purchased it brand new at top dollar. It has the Lincoln ride. Yea! I have had a few problems with it that the dealership has not been able to fix. I have had to replace the battery already. The plastic seat support broke and had to be replaced but still catches when I get out. The left front automatic window is scraping and the dealership only lubricates it. It makes a noise and leaves marks when raised and lowered. Big problem since new: delayed AC activation...Lincoln said this is the way it was made. The AC does not activate for 30-45 seconds. I understand it should activate in 8-10 seconds. Lincoln hasn't been able to determine how to fix this!

Looks, console, smooth ride.

Automatic truck opener. Make seats a little higher from the floor. Fix the AC starter to start quicker.

Best Auto Owned
By Derek

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven in a Cadillac CTS-V 07 love the ride, less room than the Lincoln MKZ. The MKZ has a nicer interior, the power is very good thou I'm used to the v8 power, this car has many toys that I love, LOve the hands free phone, you can hook your cell phone to the mp3 player press the line in button and speak through the speakers of auto awesome, cool and heat seat great. I'm nearly 6' and plenty of room, front and back. I just miss my Lincoln ls the v8 power, but this car has enough power that I'm very happy with this car.

Nav, Thx radio, cool and heat front seat, hands free cell phone, fuel uses 87 octane, AWD, wood interior, leather seats, large trunk. moon and sun roof.

electrical tele/steering,auto windshield wipers

Does not meet Lincoln standards
By top in AZ

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

1st 18 mos of ownership all was great, excellent car, then as time/miles adds up problems, replaced struts, control arms, dr seat heat, contact with ford hq, what a joke, sv magr recommended buyback, no support, dearler wanted to put me in a 40K Taurus SHO ?? vehicle is a garage queen, waiting on another appt with independent mech. will not buy ford/lincoln again,

looks great sitting, great ride when no other issues arise. excellent fuel

lincoln/ford needs to step up and honor products