2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:
Not Happy
By pebe98 on 09/27/11 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the 07 MKZ used in 08 with 5,200 miles. It gets parked for the winter and at this time has 20,200 miles on it. Between the air conditioning and the transmission problems, this car spends more time at the dealership getting fixed and I am paying insurance on a lincoln and am driving a focus loaner. The dealer just had this car for 2 wks fixing transmission, had it back 2 days and is currently at the dealer again with no end date for repairs to be finished. It has officially spent more time in the shop than my 10 year old honda odyssey ever has...Would definitely not trust this car on an extended trip any time soon.

Nothing Stops My MKZ
By azucks on 08/14/11 07:25 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 25000 miles on this car and have yet to have a problem. This car is the most reliable and unstoppable car that i have ever owned. I live in NJ and have little country cottages up in upstate NY and going up those hills in a foot of snow and driving through the mud, sand, dirt, and grass has never posed a problem for my MKZ AWD. The AWD system is so advanced sometimes i think it does better than my LR4. The car is amazing in the bad weather and the engine is quite powerful. It is not a rocketship but it's no slow poke either. Very few people will use the AWD system like i do for example i went up dirt/mud covered roads yesterday but it is still a nice accessory to have.

The Good and Bad of It
By Disappointed on 09/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned car for 4 years. I purchased it brand new at top dollar. It has the Lincoln ride. Yea! I have had a few problems with it that the dealership has not been able to fix. I have had to replace the battery already. The plastic seat support broke and had to be replaced but still catches when I get out. The left front automatic window is scraping and the dealership only lubricates it. It makes a noise and leaves marks when raised and lowered. Big problem since new: delayed AC activation...Lincoln said this is the way it was made. The AC does not activate for 30-45 seconds. I understand it should activate in 8-10 seconds. Lincoln hasn't been able to determine how to fix this!

Best Auto Owned
By Derek on 06/12/10 20:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven in a Cadillac CTS-V 07 love the ride, less room than the Lincoln MKZ. The MKZ has a nicer interior, the power is very good thou I'm used to the v8 power, this car has many toys that I love, LOve the hands free phone, you can hook your cell phone to the mp3 player press the line in button and speak through the speakers of auto awesome, cool and heat seat great. I'm nearly 6' and plenty of room, front and back. I just miss my Lincoln ls the v8 power, but this car has enough power that I'm very happy with this car.

Does not meet Lincoln standards
By top in AZ on 05/09/10 16:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

1st 18 mos of ownership all was great, excellent car, then as time/miles adds up problems, replaced struts, control arms, dr seat heat, contact with ford hq, what a joke, sv magr recommended buyback, no support, dearler wanted to put me in a 40K Taurus SHO ?? vehicle is a garage queen, waiting on another appt with independent mech. will not buy ford/lincoln again,

Happy owner
By L.M. on 04/07/10 23:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my MKZ in April 2007, and currently have 34,000 miles on it. I get about 22 mpg average and at least 27 mpg on the road. I have gotten as high as 30 mpg on flat terrain with no headwind. The car has an elegant interior, and I have had no mechanical problems of any Kind. The on/off switch on the radio broke. That was under warranty, and they replaced the entire radio, claiming you cannot order just the plastic switch cap. The handling is excellent, acceleration is excellent. I drive, on the highway, about 70 to 74 mph (speed limit 70) The car has plenty of acceleration at that speed, allowing a fast and safe pass of slower cars on two lane roads.

Great car
By Dave on 01/11/10 16:17 PM (PST)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought the car as a lease trade in from a dealer. AWD is great in all weather, and the heated and cool seats are comfortable. We have everything, the THX radio with NAV, moonroof and of course AWD. We are get 18mpg and 23mpg on the road. It is quiet and comfortable. Great truck space. Buy it used and you will save a bundle. Ford makes good cars, I have a 2003 Mustang Cobra as well, no problems.

Great Value as Late Model Used Car
By Ridgeliner on 07/20/09 13:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car in mid-2008 at a time when dealers were hurting. It had 9,000 miles on it. We are now over 27,000 miles and the car has performed wonderfully. No this is not a European/Japanese luxury car. But it delivers good gas mileage, 23/29, great comfort and it looks sharp. It has also proven to be very reliable. As a late model used car, the MKZ can be a super value!

Love this car BUT
By Charles Spencer on 07/16/09 04:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Replacing transmission as we speak (67000 miles). Strange vibrations since new that could not be diagnosed. Can't read odometer with sun shining on the instrument panel. Looks great, feels great and drives great. Lots of senior citizens ask about it. Replaced tires at 48000 miles. Very difficult finding tires for driving on ice for up North. Could not buy extended warranty because of miles per year. Nice size car for business but turning circle too big. Very difficult to judge rear end when backing up. Still like driving it and will probably keep 2 more years if it holds up. Little uncomfortable driving a car that had to get a new transmission with such low miles.

2007 Lincoln MKZ
By B. Touro on 05/27/09 08:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Lincoln MKZ Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We leased our Lincoln MKZ as a replacement vehicle to an 2004 Honda Accord LX. The Lincoln has options galore, the fit and look of the car is appealing and the ride and performance, coupled with good gas mileage makes this a wonderful car to own. We are considering buying the car at lease end, since we are so satisfied with it. We also lease a 2008 Cadillac CTS, which is vastly improved over the 2004 CTS it replaced. Compared to the Cadillac CTS, the Lincoln is different in many ways but also just as comfortable and luxurious. We think we have the best of both worlds in our MKZ and CTS autos. As for American made, we have no complaints with either car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.