1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
Love the big boat!
By Jay on 05/12/10 07:11 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Bought this used with 140+ thousand miles and it runs like a top. Air ride is great, all electronics work and paint is in great shape. I wanted a FWD vehicle to get around in during the winter, and this is perfect! I can fit both kids, the wife, and lots more. So glad I bought the boat.

It's great while it lasts
By Morgantown on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I had a 91 and a 93--both used. I replaced all 4 struts on the 91 at $400 each. The head gaskets went on the 93 at 77000 miles...I found this was commo because they bored the heads to get more power. Ford refuses to admit the design flaw. You will find no better ride or driving pleasure for long trpis and 24 mph. If you buy newer the price is too steep!

Stinkin' Lincoln
By jjlllll on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Air-ride suspension constantly fails...replaced many times. Poor design. Freeze plugs...ditto.

It costs way too much to keep running!
By cdasrlb on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

When I purchased this car it was in exceptional shape. The car had been maintained as recommended. I have found this car requires constant and expensive repairs. After putting less than 9000 miles in three years, the head gasket is gone. This is the last straw. This heap is going to the junk yard.

My Signature
By TJOLSON6534 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

I love this car. Shes the loaded model, everything works great for me, Going on 132,000 Miles now, still no complaints. I am the Second Owner, I love FMC, I hate Chevys.

Grrrrrrrreaaat!
By doxaso on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

First of all this car rides and feels great on the roads, it really doesn't matter where your going it's a smooth ride. It gives me a better mileage on gas then what I suspected. It's safe and representable where ever you go. Sorry for the other people who has had a bad expierience with it.

DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By ripped off by FMC on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Signature 4dr Sedan

Engine is total trash. Replaced at 68000 miles with remanufactured engine. FMC extremely difficult to work with. The reman. engine died after 40000 miles. Transmission now shot too. Estimated repair costs @$6000.

pretty funky
By johnpatrick on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

I love this car, it's a little heavy, but a perfect highway cruiser. I read Freddy's review and I haven't had too much trouble mechanically, it's just important to do regular maintenance with an older car.

Repair Nightmare
By Freddy on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Lincoln Continental Sedan Executive 4dr Sedan

Overall a very comfortable car with better then expected fuel usage, but mechanically unreliable. Air suspension system not as comfortable as expected and repair costs way out of line.