2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 300 model:
Great buy no regrets
By wv on 08/15/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought our rx300 new in 2002 and loved it ever since. Absolutely no problems after 130k miles. Love to drive it, comfortable ride and extremely comfortable seats even after long trips. A definite Lexus/Toyota owner for life. Great job Lexus!!!

Best Used Car I Ever Owned
By FEdward on 05/11/09 11:45 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my RX with 84K miles and a 100K warranty. Car was in spectacular condition and according to service records had been meticulously maintained. Dealership found a leaky rear axle seal under warranty, but had no other issues. The 90K maintenance was a bit pricey (timing belt, flushes, et. al.) but reasonable. A fuel modulator had to be replaced right after warranty expired for @ $700 parts & labor. Have not encountered the engine failures that others have reported. Fit, finish & features still solid at 115K and dealership has been just wonderful. Bought an '07 ES 350 two months ago and the trusty '02 RX has become our fun, weekender. This vehicle sold me on future Lexuses from now on!

Couldn't be Happier
By MobileDandA on 01/19/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my RX300 as a certified pre-owned vehicle with 36000 miles on it from a Lexus dealer. Finally, after 245,000 miles, it had it's FIRST breakdown. The transmission went out. So, instead of putting a lot of money into a vehicle with almost a quarter of a million miles on it, I purchased another 2002 RX300 exactly like the one I had except for the exterior color and it had about 190,000 fewer miles. Couldn't see buying anything else because you can't get the reliability and service you get from Lexus. I can't recommend this vehicle highly enough!

2nd Owner, Coach Pkg, ....Nice SUV!
By acarnutguy on 10/07/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased with 37k miles in June 2006. Nice, well built SUV with good room for 2 or 3, tight with 4 when traveling. Solid drive, wanders a bit on the highway at speeds. Very good cruiser at 75-80 mph. City gas mileage is 17-19 and highway at 75 is 21ish... should be better. Coach leather edition is a nice bonus! Lexus does a great job with fit, finish and wood trim.

Absolutely Great Car
By atlanta on 04/18/07 13:52 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has not given me one single problem. I do have it maintained according to schedule and it has been the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Best Car
By Charles, Georgia on 01/04/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 42K miles on it and have had it a year and a half. I also traded a Lexus ES 300 in on it b/c I wanted a SUV. Lexus is by far the best car on the road. I'll never drive anything else.

Ten cars later, the best ever
By Michelle,Texas on 10/08/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had 10 cars, and I said the very next one I get would be a Lexus. After much independent study and comparisons. I finally got it. This car is absolutely awesome. Find an authorized mechanic shop that works on high end luxury cars and keep it maintained (as with any car). I see years of comfort and happiness, my daughter expects to get this car, when I upgrade. I never want to drive another car.

2002 RX 300
By Hall on 08/04/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive, sell and study all types of vehicles. We recently bought a 2002, 4 year old RX 300, with 44k miles. It is excellent in every way. My wife loves the "fit", not too large, and not too small. The instrument panel, the mileage, the ride, and the overall performance is excellent. We are leaving next week for a 2000 mile road trip, and look forward to going in the RX 300.

Performance, Comfort and Reliability
By Jose R. Nevarez on 10/08/05 14:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So far this vehicle has given us great service with no mechanical problems at all. It's quite comfortable, great for long family trips, excellent power and lots of features. Services at the dealer were a rip-off though. Trying to push services like changing wipers that were perfectly fine with the oil change. If you didn't take those services, they gave you a little attitude. I was able to find a certified mechanic that specializes in Acura and Lexus that was able to service it for about 1/2 the price of what the dealer charges by concentrating on things that really need servicing. I guess he doesn't have the overhead of the dealer.

Love Lexus
By SandiR on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus RX 300 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Lexus. Has been the best vehicle I have owned. Was hit in the drivers side front corner by someone running a red light one year ago. I remember the firemen and EMT's telling us we walked away only because it was a Lexus. Lenghty repairs(10 wks) but have not encountered any problems afterwards. Because of the accident, I learned many things about it's construction and safety features, especially the airbags. Mine did not deploy but later found out they were not suppose to because of the location of impact. Negotiated price $33,000