Best car I've ever owned
By William Tell on
2004 Lexus LS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)
I've owned Japanese, German and American cars over my 50+ years and have never owned a better car. The new 2004 replaced (traded in) my 2001 LS430. The braking on the LS is phenomenal. The '04 has improved pads and rotors. The six speed transmission gives the car a 0 - 60 of 5.9 seconds and I swear it is actually faster than that. The keyless entry is wonderful as well. It is very, very convenient to keep the fob in your pocket when you open doors and start the car without having to fumble for a key. The adaptive Front Lighting System (headlights aim where you are going) is great. This is an incredible Driverís Automobile.
Favorite Features
The handling (with the Speed Sensing Power Rack-and-Pinion steering coupled with the optional Sport Suspension) is actually better than the 2003 745LI that I had driven. In fact the 7 series was a contender for me until I drove it then the excitement went away.
Suggested Improvements
The Blue Tooth cell phone hands-free connection does not work clearly, either to people hearing me, or my hearing other people. I'm told a software upgrade is in the works.