1995 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Review: 1995 LS 400 (UCF20 chassis)

1995 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Review

1995 Lexus LS 400

Base Sedan (4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

1995 LS 400 (UCF20 chassis)
By BC on

1995 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is one of the best engineered and built cars on the road. I have 250,000 trouble free miles on my LS 400 with original engine/tranny. The engine and tranny combo are a true "match made in heaven" - both are stunningly quiet and smooth almost to the point of being nonexistent. Accelerating conservatively in the city returns 20mpg and expect north of 26mpg on the freeway. Testing the 4.0 frequently returns 16+ mpg. The reason I scored the LS so low in the comfort level is because of the seat design and lack of head and legroom, but I am 6'4. Overall, I give my LS 400 an A- rating. I definitely plan on buying another. Excellent work Lexus!!!

V8, tranny, ride quality, heated/memory/auto tinting mirrors, auto and dual zone climate controller, trunk space, rear seat comfort, dual gloveboxes, cabin ac filter, cold catholde lighting in the speedo cluster, ridiculous top speed (150+), dual level console, power tilt/tele steering wheel, etc.

More head and legroom. I would say better seats, but seat comfort is such a subjective criticism. I may very well be the only one with this complaint! Overall, an outstanding auto.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review