1994 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Better than a Mercedes
By Jerry Y on 12/16/04 23:34 PM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I have owned many luxury/performance cars, this is my second Lexus, they are the best, excellent power, fuel economy. Fun to drive, great $$ value!!

ENJOY IT FOREVER!
By THOMAS KUPIETZ on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought my LS400 in april of 2004. I got a great deal on it because they didn't want to fix a/c display that went out, which is pretty coslty and common failure on these cars that occurs after years. I heard from my friend technician that there are a few Ls400s still running strong around 500k miles particularly in California! And as for the maintenance those Ls400s can last on the original timing belt at 200k miles and still run as if it was brand new. Nevertheless above, I don't encourage those Ls400s owners to neglect their machines and try it.

Great
By dale hamlin on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

best used car i ever got. owned many cars but this tops the list.

Just a Fabulous Car
By DantheMan on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought this back in 96 just off lease and I couldn't be happier. The quality of this car is amazing. At 98,000 miles it runs flawlessly. I have never put a penny into it due to breakdown, however the maintenance is not cheap. Small problems include a trunk lock that no longer works, and an occasional need to open the gas tank with the hidden cable. The dashboard lights sometimes require the car to warm up before illuminating. The car car is solid a a rock, extremely reliable and I'd buy another but..why? It seems like it will last forever.

I love this car
By Forcewinds AZ on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This car is excellent. Its a rock. Extremely comfortable, and I feel safe. Classy but understated. Smooth quiet ride. My husband appreciates that it doesn't know the difference between 70mph and 90mph. I am ruined for lesser cars, which is practically all of them.

Always Better than BMW
By LLR on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

While it's getting dated as far as features go, the 94 Lexus LS400 is still a solid, superior built sedan. It has a smooth, quiet ride, responsive handling and excellent reliability. I have had no problems with this vehicle except for routine maintenance and expected replacements.

No problems
By Mr. B on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This car has been incredible to me. I have never had to have it serviced or worked on, outside of scheduled maintenance, because it never breaks down. It is incredibly reliable and I can trust it on the longest trips.

Am I the only one???
By gwb on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I really like the car when it is running.I have had many problems with this car's electrical system, such as corrosion, failed computer chips, lights constantly burning out, power failures (partial and complete), LED displays going out on the clock and climate control, etc.... I have also had to replace brakes at a much higher rate, my front seat has broken. I was told after one electrical failure by the dealer " It's not our fault! you bought a luxury car with so many options you should expect failures, it overloads the system." I have also maintained my car above Lexus specs. Am I the only one to ever have problems with the car and it's dealers?

Just buy it.
By ccf913 on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

Had approx. 4 mos. Bought w/127k & now have 130k. Fixed the power steering leak, changed front brakes & had 120k tune-up. Had to de-hoopty-ize it: removed window tint, chrome 17" wheels, phone antenna & bracket, faded gold emblems, cracked gear shift wood panel, fixed driver's side dr lock switch, patched leather seat. Car looks & runs great, no rattles or squeaks. Excluding the power steering issue & the broken dr lock switch, rest was cosmetic chgs for my taste. Those 2 were design flaws that are expected in 90-94 LS400s. Best car I've ever had. 9 yr old car & drives much better than friend's new Intrigue. Fun to drive!

road hog
By Trav on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I drove this car 3000 miles in 3 days,it did not miss a beat,with 108000 miles on it,did not burn a drop of oil,got 24 miles to the gallon and was driven speeds in excess of 100 miles per hour.I have michelin pilot tires on it,the ride is smooth and quite.This is a nine year old car.