Used 1994 Lexus LS 400 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Lexus LS 400 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.0L V8 4-speed Automatic - (23 reviews )

Impressed!
By Dana

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 180,000 miles and I can say that it really doesn't know it has this many miles on it! I've owned cars that after hitting 70- 80 mph, the steering wheel would start to vibrate. Not this Lexus. I've hit 90 and it runs so smoothly! WoW! I've heard rumors of the engine lasting up to 400-500K. I may, just may test this out! I'm already half- way there! expected problems include A/C display burned out, dash lights stay dark when cold, then comes back on when car warms up.(you can fix this yourself!) driver power window switch can wind down rear window, but not back up! Use rear switch to wind back up. Overall, for it's age, (16 years) I'm VERY impressed!

Auto steering wheel adjust, trunk space, ride, large moonroof.

For it's age, you can't complain. Wish it had HID headlights. Price for parts/service aren't cheap.

And I almost sold it.
By knowonder

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

To think I almost sold it. The dealership told me the engine was just getting broken in at 150k miles. I went to test drive other new vehicles and returned disappointed and confirmed. I wasn't selling. It drives phenomenally, comfortably, always the same. You just feel good in it. New cars barely offer the amenities that I have in this car (new Lexus aside).

Wide, relaxing leather seats. Sound system. Sun roof.

Just the computer chip for the dash that comes on after the car warms up. Granted, the brief disco lights that you get do add fun to the day. If that's all I'm complaining about, I don't feel the need to spend 50k on a replacement.

"One of the best cars ever made!"
By Brian W

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This is the best car I have ever owned. The build quality and reliability of the LS400 are unmatched. It does not have the best acceleration in it's class due to the weight of the vehicle, but it's a luxury car. My friends always comment on how nice the car is and the price I bought it for. I want to run the car 'till it dies... which will be a long time.

The gas pedal.

Oldie but Goody
By Doogie

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

The key to owning a 14 year old car is being able to do much of the maintenance without going to a dealer. When I got this car with 97,000 miles, it was obvious that the previous owner, a one owner, gave up replacing burned out lights and such. They had three brake jobs in 45,000 miles-the dealer took them for a scam by never replacing the rotor-just grinding them down to nothing. I love this car. My only major repair was the timing belt/water pump for $1,300. I know that the next problem will be the power steering pump/alternator disaster. When you own a car like this, you need to go to a Lexus forum-it will save you a bundle. The smoothest riding car I have ever owned. Period.

A smooth highway cruiser with 24 mpg highway. Love to take it on trips.

Too late for the power steering problem. Other than maintenance issues, it's a real keeper. It's got 116,000 miles, and looks as good as new.

One Of The Best Cars Ever Built
By LS Man

1994 Lexus LS 400 4dr Sedan

This car is a miracle. It's 1994 and it still has some options better then 2007 cars. I like it. No noise, no vibrations even at 6000 rpm. The interior is high quality. I have never seen a car last this way. The Lexus has a powerful engine, 250hp, rear wheel drive, some of them are equipped with traction control, adaptive air suspension, excellent sound system.