2005 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (99 reviews )
I Love Still Today
By Diane on 03/19/05 09:01 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove almost every suv out there. From the moment I drove the GX, I loved it. I now own it for six months. It is wonderful. I recently hit a deer. The car did not skid. It was solid and kept us safe. I love driving it. It feels dreamy to drive. Love the seats, interior, radio etc. This is my first Lexus. I also own a Mercedes C320.... would consider trading it in for a Lexus in the future. The Lexus people have great service.

Lexus GX470. An impressive SUV.
By RICK D on 03/19/05 07:53 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very dependable. It rides so smooth you'll think you’re in a limousine. There's so little outside noise you can forget you are in a car. Handles impeccably for a 4-wheel drive. The fuel consumption isn't great but it's tolerable. The instrument panel is easily understood but the navigation system and voice control system is unfortunately confusing. The car is very comfortable and the climate control system is very good. The DVD is easy to use and components can be added easily. There is an AC outlet included in this SUV which allows you to plug in accessories or a playstation for your child. This SUV rides great and is an overall great value.

Great
By Roger108 on 03/10/05 14:05 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The vehicle is the best! I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a comfortable ride in a SUV. THe interior and exterior are very nice!

great suv
By harlan on 03/09/05 18:14 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Only had the suv for 8 days and love the luxury and the handling. It is a really beautiful vehicle. I was driving an 8 year old Toyota 4-Runner with 142,000 miles. Quite a change from the Toyota. Gas mileage is not too good, but I knew that before I bought the vehicle. I was looking at the MDX but it was not a luxurious as the Lexus

My 2004 GX
By GX4DAVE on 03/04/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The reviews are right. You won't miss the LX 470. The GX 470 is Toyota's best SUV in my mind. All the features and options I wanted at a reasonable price. I even found it fun and easy to install the rear spoiler myself. I would definitely buy one again.

Happy with purchase
By TBPoulton on 03/04/05 06:24 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Rides like a magic carpet. Smooth, quiet, luxurious, comfortable.

Money is better spent elsewhere
By Angela Marshall on 03/02/05 14:14 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had been a Lexus-for-life customer until this purchase. There is a vibration in the vehicle that resonates in the passenger seat that I am told after three trips back to the dealership is coming from the transfer case and is characteristic of all GX 470s (we also own a 2004 Tahoe that has a better interior ride). I have owned two LX 470s prior to going to the GX and regret every penny spent. When I contacted Lexus corp they were simply complacent about my dissatisfaction, they thanked me for the call and, in essence, recommended that I shop at a different Lexus dealer next time. Recommendation: buy a different make, for the money there are a lot to choose from.

Love my Lexus SUV
By Donna on 02/24/05 07:24 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great driving and riding vehicle. Especially love the side hinged rear door, I no longer have to jump or wrestle with pulling down the hatch. GPS is a must, easy to use and very helpful. Would like it more if you could program it while moving. Third row seat too small, and would like the seats to recess into the floor. Handles very well in snowy weather.

Better than expected
By ABO on 02/19/05 21:13 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up a Sport w/ Rear Entertainment system. Love the performance of the V8. Drives excellent. Still learning about the details of the options but already the rearview camera is more useful than expected. Purchased for my wife; after one day it is clear I will never get to drive it again. This is the first Lexus for us and the quality of the vehicle and the sales staff was surprising when compared to US brands.

Great ride
By t. brick on 02/17/05 11:20 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my GX last month after owning 3 land cruisers. Faster, better handling, more comfortable and of course more luxurious than my Cruisers. Should have bought 2 since my wife drives it everyday. ( and her car is a SLC 230 Kompressor )