Used 2002 Lexus ES 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Es-300 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus ES 300

Base 3.0L V6 5-speed Automatic - (82 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Perfection
By Smooth Ride

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you need a dependable good looking vehicle. Then the Lexus ES300 is perfect for you. This car is faster than what most people say. This car just is all around smooth luxorious ride. If you want a race car then I would stay away from it. Navigation is a must.

Favorite Features

Navigation is perfect better than all others.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

A first rate car
By krutlem

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car looks good and drives just as well. It's reliability is tops and comfort and freedom from road noise is a delight. The only downsides worthy of mention is there should have been more attention paid to an owner's need to override the default settings of many details (like the loudness of the directional signals or the duration of the headlights on after leaving the car).

Favorite Features

Comfort, comfort, comfort and quietness at highways speeds.

Suggested Improvements

Some mentioned above. A larger opening from the trunk into the cabin would be useful. Big issue is washout of instrument panel in bright sunlight especially if wearing sunglasses.

Never was a Lexus fan but
By Chris

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have always steered clear of Lexus thinking it was more hype then anything. But I bought a 2002 ES 300 with 90k on it. In 6 months I have already taken it over 100k with trips to Dallas from Houston and also Houston to Chicago. It has performed really good. I have a couple issues the cup holders broke, the interior trunk/gas release doesn't work and the cd player jams occasionally but considering the car is 8 years old and has over 100k miles I can't really complain. It's quiet. Rides smooth and has averaged 23 mpg pretty much since I got it. Avg almost 30 mpg on the road. All in all a very nice vehicle that seems like it last quite a while. My previous ride was an 07 m35.

Favorite Features

heated seats, cassette player (to use cassette adapter), quietness, gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

better cup holders. Higher quality leather

What a perfect cat
By won

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus ever. I test drove other competitive cars and found this car is the best. There was nothing to compare. Comfort, design (especially interior) and size. The best part was comfort and reliability. As you know Lexus can run 200,000 miles very easily. It drives like a heaven.

Favorite Features

Interior and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Dependable, High Quality Sleeper
By lexusboy9

2002 Lexus ES 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

So I purchased my ES300 about too years ago with 109K already on the clock. She was mint condition and had one owner..She was flawless even with the mileage and years on her. I purchased her and never looked back! To date she has ran flawlessly, always their when I need her. I had one time where she did not start and it was because of a bad battery, slapped a new one in and she fired right up! Lexus really built this car for the long haul, Sheila (My ES300) currently has 129K on her and each mile has been timeless on her. She continues to get better with time. I plan on driving her until she tells me, I can't go any further! LONG LIVE THE ES300 I love her!!!

Favorite Features

Moonroof, HID AUTO leveling headlights, high quality leather and heated seats, all auto up and down windows, Sound system is to die for out beats my friends 2014 Nissan Altima's Sound, Quiet engine you can barely hear her running, Auto rainsensing windshield wipers, Rides like she is hoovering above the ground on all types of roadway, The dashboard is gorgeous with woodgrain, coeworkers always compliment me on the interior. If you keep premium gas like it calls for in it she barely uses gas

Suggested Improvements

The only gripe that I have with Shiela is her 6 cd-changer stereo, it gets kinda finicky every now and again. Other than that no complaints EVERYTHING works and looks as if it was new