Used 2004 Kia Sorento Consumer Reviews - 436 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Sorento - Consumer Reviews

2004 Kia Sorento

View reviews for a specific Sorento model:

RUSTED KIA SORENTO, SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE
By Lawrence Austin

2004 Kia Sorento LX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

My rear axle rusted through and broke at 60,000 miles.
DO NOT BUY KIA

FUEL MILEAGE 20+
By harleydad87

2004 Kia Sorento EX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased an 04 Sorento EX w/ 105k on it.
After reading about fuel mileage, we almost took our other vehicle on our day trip Saturday.
309 miles, mostly highway, cruise control at 75, w/ several stops, I still managed to get 20.5 mpgs.
So, while 2 mpgs aren't much, I am sure that I could have got 22-23 had I kept speed at 65-70.
Way better then the 18 from review.

Truly a comfortable, spacious and practical SUV!!
By kandeemann2001

2004 Kia Sorento EX 4WD 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2004 Sorento EX Luxury from a private seller with 75,000 miles. Vehicle was in immaculate condition, but was plagued with issues in the beginning. Had to replace the drive shaft, throttle position sensor, spark plugs and brakes - but after all repairs were done and a thorough fuel injection cleaning service, it drives like brand new.

This is truly a remarkable SUV. I'm a law student and wanted a comfortable vehicle to last me for a few years, and even though I had those repair issues, I have no regrets. It's good-looking, spacious, super comfortable and has more than enough power. Shifts are buttery smooth and engine performance is really impressive for an 8 year old vehicle.

I love all the luxury features! I only paid $6000, but got heated leather seats, a sunroof, 6-disc 10-speaker surround sound system and 4WD. Mine is black with the beige cladding and it looks BEAUTIFUL! Parked next to an '08 Highlander today, and it looked just as big and just as good. Gas mileage is respectable, 18 MPG average, since I have a really light foot. The heated seats are SUPER nice for these winter temperatures. A/C is ice cold and heater is blazing hot. LOTS of torque on the bottom end, so quick and swift acceleration. Sunroof is huge and makes the cabin feel very open and airy. Highway cruising is amazing. I'm very happy and look forward to driving this SUV for many years.

Kia has come a long way, so I have no suggestions. Mechanical integrity is certainly an issue with these early year-models, but otherwise, I'm very pleased. The suspension provides a very comfortable and controlled ride quality - bumps and potholes are swallowed up quite well. Sound system is really great and has good channel separation. I especially love how ROOMY this vehicle is! It drives like a smaller SUV, but it has acres of space inside. Controls are very simple and easy-to-use, which I really appreciate. I just LOVE the woodgrain throughout the dashboard and cabin. The design is still really good-looking and this Sorento holds it's own amongst all the newer SUV's on the road today.

Piece of Junk
By badluckbetty1

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have the 2004 Kia Sorento and nothing but a piece of junk! Every since I bought it has been nothing but a headache and not minor things major costly items.. water pump, the ignition fried and would start BY ITS SELF!! The relay box went bad, all the belts had to be replaced and now the mechanic at my near by kia dealership says the timing chain is going bad and the car will be ruined if not fixed! The headlight and tail lights go out every other month. Kias are pieces of crap and I will never buy another if you are looking into buying this vehicle please dont save your time and money! ohh by the way my vehicle only has 81,000 miles on it and still falling apart!

The only thing I do like about this vehicle is it is roomy other than that JUNK

everything

Please Recall This Junk
By sniper_munkee

2004 Kia Sorento LX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

So two months after I purchased this used no warranty they told us it'd take over 4000 to fix so it's been sitting in my backyard for the last three years. Still making payments on it.

Recall the pos so that we can get something different.