Not sure if its a keeper
By stryker4 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
Im at 6500 miles and the car has been at the shop 6 times. The navigation system has not worked correctly the entire time. It will not show the correct location, so is useless. They have done 3 updates and are currently installing the 3rd radio as we speak trying to resolve the issue. Not the quatlity or the aggrevation I was expecting. Not to sure about the transmission either it seems to not shift correctly downhill it runs up the rpm's. If this issue isnt resolved this time looks like I will be invoking the lemon law. I waited along time for this car at this point its a dissappointment.
Favorite Features
Love the interior, heated/cooled seats, sunroof, backup camera, and bluetooth. I also have the anti collision package very nice addition.
Suggested Improvements
Transmission needs a real good review and the Uconnect system seeing alot of complaints. Would appear it has a bad design or is a cheap product. Do not like the black carpet shows everything and when I ordered the tan interior I was shocked to see the carpet was black. Car charger in the front does not work when the car is turned off.
By alanbala
on 10/28/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

"downhill it runs up the rpm's" - This is a "hill holder" feature, and I have it on the Jeep GC Limited I just bought (will review after I have some miles on it), and on our Kia Optima EX. You can defeat it. On the Jeep, just use the paddle shifter to move to a higher gear setting. Re: the carpets. I have the light frost interior, but I knew it came with black carpets because the interior color configuration is shown on the Jeep website.

By jloe1322
on 11/13/13 09:25 AM (PST)

Chipper Im invoking the lemon law and doing a full buyout, how long did your process go with chrysler and their response?

By chipperk49
on 11/06/13 12:44 PM (PST)

I am in the same boat as you, do they not have the lemon law in your state? I am invoking my lemon law rights and they have agreed to give me a new one (except I'm upgrading to the V8 to avoid the transmission issues that are plaguing the V6 8-speed). Good luck!