1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Get a clue
By plasticpro on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

Great styling vehicle. Rides nice with the unibody construction. Chrysler has NO CLUE how to make brakes. After 10,000 miles all down hill. Dilligently, washed my vehicle every week, however tree sap still ate through my clearcoat. Paint is like butter.

Jeep electricity.
By Jeepeers on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Had problem with starting. Still having problems with electric windows and locks. Dealer implys this is common. Rides a bit rough.

Follow up to previous review
By tricky on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Since I posted the last time Water pump had to be replaced,brakes had to be replaced,transmission jerks under partial acceleration. I would walk before I lease another JEEP. I know the service writer by first name. Hope chrysler isn't making tanks for the troops,or will be in deep do do

Dont buy a jeep
By metssuck25 on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When i bought the jeep, i was pretty stupid and fell in love with the looks. one of the dumbest things i have done. I have taken the jeep in over 15 times and still i have problems. the quality is so bad that you must have alot of money in the bank just to fix the repairs. such as the ball joints, transmistion, speakers and breaks. I will never buy an american made car again. look at somthing else!

i like the suv but
By john connelly on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

so far i only have 16000 miles on my jeep.But others have told me transmissions are not reliable.

jeep G. cherokee
By ed on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

had to replace rotors 3x dealer didn't want to pay any as I was at 12,500 mi. first time and said only covered up to 12K. Spent about 1300$ of my own money to fix brakes and only last about 3 months then need to recut and replace pads or rotors.

economically bad
By Jeep_Owner on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Very poor fuel economy, even though used 89 octane rating. Had to refill every 3-4 days. Paid more than $20 every time. Unless you live in a suburban area or farm land where you need a 4WD, wouldn't recommend it. Consumer Reports picked Lexus RX300 as the best choice in midsized sport- utility vehicles. It has the highest overall mpg fuel economy rating in it's class.

Brakes....Brakes....Brakes
By kesh on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car when it was redesigned. I should have known not to buy a chrysler product. Repair costs have totaled over $3,000 in less then 2.5 years. The rotor and brake pads have been replaced and resurface a total of 6 times and the Front and Rear Ball bearings replaced recently for a loud whining sound. Sick of taking it. Worst Quality. No Customer service.

Jeep
By april on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

My husband and I have enjoyed this Jeep, but we're glad the lease is up. We tried to sell this vehicle and got *no* hits (probably because it was devalued by the dealerships with all the 0% APR). No real probs, but it did stall in the middle of a hip-high river once, while an old chevy and even a Suzuki Samuri made it through no prob. We had to be towed over 12 miles. Through the desert. Pushing down on the gas to pass, a half-second wait for power??

Smokin Jeep
By Retat53 on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had absolutely no problems with this Jeep. This truck is as sound now as when it was when I bought it new. When the style changes I will buy a new one.