Used 2001 Jaguar XK-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jaguar Xk-series - Consumer Reviews

2001 Jaguar XK-Series

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:

Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!! I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them. The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles). These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!

Favorite Features

The style is still classic and gorgeous. I get stopped often, by people who just want to tell me how beautiful the car is. Even though the car is over 10 years old, people think it is new... now that is classic!

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is not good. Although I have rear sensors for parking lots, I think that the camera and sideview mirrors, "blindspot assist" lights (like I have on my '09 and '12 XF) are important and valuable features. Every car should have these safety features.

Great choice for free
By Drunkchef

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had had all real makes, and this one rocks, bought it for $13,000 with 55k on it, replaced the tensioners straight away with metal ones as this is the only issue with this car. Bought an amazing sports car for free basically, cant even get a Kia for this price, highly recommended !!!!

Favorite Features

looks and feel

Suggested Improvements

must upgrade the secondary tensioners to metal (cost aout $850 total at Import shop)Factor that into your purchase price and you are Golden as you can find one for under $15,000

XKR - Simply The Best!
By BriteRedJagXKR

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I previously owned a 1998 XK8 and after totaling it I felt like I lost one of my children! I do love this car. Now I own a 2001 XKR and it's just tweaked enough to make the XK8 even better. Sorry they discontinued this body style. It's sleek without being overdone. It's macho yet feminine. The curves are a woman, the power and the hood design are a man. What better combo in styling? I can get 21 mph easily. NOT BAD!!! My only criticism is the steering. It is so fine that if you look to the left you can easily be there without meaning to. That being said...no one drives my car but me and Hubby! Driving is pure pleasure even on travel trips of 10 hours. Go Buy One!

Favorite Features

Pure Style, Comfort and Pleasure!

Suggested Improvements

Tighten up the steering.

XKR Better than ever
By joepizzie

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR Silverstone 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I decided to purchase an XKR after owning numerous Porsche 928, 930, Corvettes, and yes, even an XJ12. I never forgave Jaguar for such poor quality and mechanics in the old Jaguars. What a great surprise the new Jaguar is for new or old Jag owners. The quality is evident in every part. The performance is exciting and you just can't beat the styling.

Favorite Features

The styling, interior, and the wonderful supercharged engine just exceeds anyones expectations.

Beautiful, Reliable and Still Great
By ed orgon

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Have had this vehicle for more than 7 years, and still outperforms others. Has been SUPER reliable, no mechanical, build or cosmetic issues AT ALL. Only my usual Mobil 1 oil changes.

Favorite Features

Smoothest acceleration, especially in the 60-90 envelope.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I could get an updated DVD for the nav system.