2001 Jaguar XK-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XK-Series model:
Excellent Experience everyday
By purrrfecttq on 07/07/12 11:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This was my first used car purchase, so I was hesitant. But I got a good deal on a 5 year old jag XK convertible. It was gorgeous!!! I have now owned it for many years and put about 40k miles on it. It has been such a fun car to drive and own, it converted us to be loyal Jag owners. We now have just purchased our 4th jag (2012 XF) and have loved every one of them. The scare tactics that other dealers told us were all lies. We have had nothing but wonderful experiences with our Jags. In fact, I have been more satisfied with our 4 Jags than any of our Toyotas or Hondas or Lexus vehicles (which we still own as utility vehicles). These have been the best car buying purchases we've ever made!

Great choice for free
By Drunkchef on 01/26/10 09:40 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I had had all real makes, and this one rocks, bought it for $13,000 with 55k on it, replaced the tensioners straight away with metal ones as this is the only issue with this car. Bought an amazing sports car for free basically, cant even get a Kia for this price, highly recommended !!!!

XKR - Simply The Best!
By BriteRedJagXKR on 04/26/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I previously owned a 1998 XK8 and after totaling it I felt like I lost one of my children! I do love this car. Now I own a 2001 XKR and it's just tweaked enough to make the XK8 even better. Sorry they discontinued this body style. It's sleek without being overdone. It's macho yet feminine. The curves are a woman, the power and the hood design are a man. What better combo in styling? I can get 21 mph easily. NOT BAD!!! My only criticism is the steering. It is so fine that if you look to the left you can easily be there without meaning to. That being said...no one drives my car but me and Hubby! Driving is pure pleasure even on travel trips of 10 hours. Go Buy One!

XKR Better than ever
By joepizzie on 09/23/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR Silverstone 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I decided to purchase an XKR after owning numerous Porsche 928, 930, Corvettes, and yes, even an XJ12. I never forgave Jaguar for such poor quality and mechanics in the old Jaguars. What a great surprise the new Jaguar is for new or old Jag owners. The quality is evident in every part. The performance is exciting and you just can't beat the styling.

Beautiful, Reliable and Still Great
By ed orgon on 06/03/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Coupe (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

Have had this vehicle for more than 7 years, and still outperforms others. Has been SUPER reliable, no mechanical, build or cosmetic issues AT ALL. Only my usual Mobil 1 oil changes.

Used again??
By jag4jj on 01/02/07 10:15 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Jag. I was a Vette person for years. I've had problems with the driverside rear alignment due to the fact the car was hit and repaired prior to my purchase, which I did not know about. Once this is corrected, I do believe it will be excellent. I look forward to trading in a year or so for a 2007. Like the retractable top, not keen on the lact of trunk space. Not much room for golf clubs. :)

used is ok too
By mesamark on 10/23/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been an excellent vehicle as the second owner. Fuel economy for a V-8 has been very good. The only caution is it is very gas sensitive, meaning lower quality premium fuel will impact performance significantly. I'd recommend the car to anyone

2001 XK8
By mercedes1 on 02/21/05 00:32 AM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

I considered models of four cars I have owned in the past. Namely Porsche 993, Mercedes SL500, Corvette and another 993/996. This time I bought an XK8 after due consideration. It had 14,000 miles on it. I probably would not have bought it except that because they depreciate so fast I got one for just over 30K. I am favorably impressed with the car. It combines a gorgeous sports car look with pretty good performance, very good gas mileage (26 mpg hghway), good ride and handling and a lot of creature comforts. Since my wife liked the car at test drive time it was an easy sell for me. No complaints.

Motoring Delight
By NiceWheels on 01/03/05 16:42 PM (PST)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XK8 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

The car is a fantastic machine with timeless styling. The generous use of high quality wood and leather make it a pleasure to sit in each and every time. Rear seat is absolutely unusable even by my toddlers. Should not even be there. I still look forward to driving the car which is more than I can say for most cars after the initial euphoria wears off.

XKR2001
By nbryden on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Jaguar XK-Series XKR 2dr Convertible (4.0L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have experienced zero problems with this car - it is well constructed and has a high quality feel to all parts. It has exceptional power and handles corners as if it were on rails. All instruments are easily viewed and the driver and passenger compartments are comfortable though not spacious - there is adequate headroom. I miss certain features that were included in the XJS, particularly the automatic side mirror tilt when reversing - the reverse sensors compensate but not completely. There are numerous blind spots when reversing. "Back seat" is almost useless except for bags, jackets and obviously insurance rates. Overall, this is the best performing and constructed car I have owned