1999 Hyundai Sonata Consumer Review: Pros and Cons but overall, dec

1999 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Review

Pros and Cons but overall, decent value
By FB on

1999 Hyundai Sonata 4dr Sedan

I bought new in 1999 at only 84 miles. Now in 2010, I'm at 149,000. 4-cylinder is decent during daily commute and actually smooth and quiet during highway cruising but don't even think about fast lane changes or quick acceleration on entrance ramps. Fuel pump and Tranny were problems during first 50,000 but warranty was in effect. Timing belt replaced after 80,000. Car groans over speed bumps, brakes have always squealed, and paint is chipping now, but other than regular oil changes every 3k, she's had no major repairs in her old age. Still averaging an impressive 28mpg highway today. I'm finally getting another car but this one's lasted longer than I expected.

Hyundai gives a lot of car for a low price. Although ride is uninspiring, it's still smooth on cruising speeds.

Warning sound when the lights are left on (I too have had to get a jump several times because I didn't realize the lights were left on).
By jay_laz
on 06/14/12 18:33 PM (PDT)

> Warning sound when the lights are left on Mine had a very annoying "ding-ding-ding" for keys and lights, so I disconnected the alarm. Did I mention the benefits of a battery mainttainer, charger and starter? A "timer" would be great, butt mightt be too much to exppect for tthe ppprice. (My t-key is annoying.)