One with the road
By geekette70 on
2007 Honda S2000 2dr Convertible (2.2L 4cyl 6M)
I'm not going to lie, there are a few things I could complain about with my S2K, wind noise, lack of features, rough ride...whatever...but the truth is, I don't care. This car isn't for people looking for luxury, it's for people who want performance. No, not that American I'VE-GOT-MORE-HP-THAN-YOU performance, but responsiveness, agility and above all, fun. This is a car for people who love driving their driving raw and unfiltered. If you want a luxury car, get a Porche, if you're looking for a cute convertible, get a Miata, if you want to be one with the road, to hug every curve and to huge smile every time you turn the key in the ignition, then the S2000 is the care you're looking for.
Favorite Features
The VTECH engine is only one of the things that sets the S2000 apart, the driver-tuned cockpit and the way it absolutely hugs the road on curves at any speed are just icing on the cake. Edmunds complains of engine noise at higher RPM levels...well...call me crazy, but I think that's just part of her beauty. She's a needy speedy thrill seeker, and you have to be willing to be agressive to fully appreciate what she can do for you. There's nothing wrong with reaching 70 mph in third gear, and you will find yourself scouring the maps for the twistiest roads in your area (or driving across the country to reach them if there are none locally.)
Suggested Improvements
The stereo and speakers aren't the greatest, but it can be replaced with an aftermarket(you can get an adapter for the dashboard controls if you search online.) Wind noise is significant, but it doesn't stop me from driving with the top down every chance i get. Stolen seats are a problem, so get an alarm. I'm 4'11" and my husband is 6'1" and we're both average weight and we fit just fine, though he's probably on the upper end of what might be comfortable. You have to be careful about the guests you invite in, not everyone will fit. So far I haven't found much else in the way of negatives other than crappy floor mats.