2003 Honda S2000 - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual - (209 reviews )
A real sports car!
By 9000lover on 12/07/12 21:32 PM (PST)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I went to market to buy a real sports car. I test drove Porche, Audi, BMW, Lotus, Fiat and Mercedes. I was set to buy a Boxter when our Motoring writer for the newspaper I manage said to me "have you tested a S2000"? I tried one and was hooked. I guess everyone has a different take on what makes a great roadster but the S2000 ticked all the boxes compared to the others. Amazing engine and transmission was a great start nothing else compared to the driving experiance here. The handling is good but will catch inexperianced drivers out who push it to the limits compared to the Porsche which was idiot proof in this area. Overall though the combination of drive, reliability and sheer fun wins!

Not for everyone, but it is for me!
By revs29 on 12/12/11 12:52 PM (PST)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have wanted an S2000 for several years and finally purchased one last spring. Owning the car is a little different than I had imagined, but not in a bad way. PROS: the car is absolutely thrilling, extremely direct/controllable with a perfect transmission and exciting 9000RPM engine. Great MPG (25-28), outstanding handling, very fun and agile. Makes every shopping trip feel like an adventure. It is a very special, hand built car and feels like it through and through. CONS: Terrible highway car - loud, obnoxious and buzzy. Very tight on the inside, feels great on a curvy road but not on the freeway. Burns 1qt oil/1.5k mi, but I drive it hard.

Fun-Factor
By rich on 05/28/10 21:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is an absolute pleasure to drive everyday. The handling is razor- sharp and predictable. The engine is great, not a lot of torque but the gearing is great so its not as noticeable. I personally think it is a very comfortable ride. I've driven tuned s13's and supra's and this car is every bit as fun. If you're looking for balance this is the car to own. Almost perfect from the factory, and the car is absolutely beautiful.

Still strong after 6 years!
By Dave Lucas on 07/30/09 05:06 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have liked the S2000 since I first saw it, prior to the first sell. It has pleasing, timeless lines and handles quite well. In fact, when I drive other cars for short periods, then get back to the S2000 - that is when I really appreciate how it handles. True, the car is not for everyone, but that is what I tried to avoid in the first place (a vanilla car). I look forward to having this car for another 10+ years - may be get a nice paint job when it starts to show its age!

Not a great daily driver
By Sean on 10/28/08 18:00 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car in October last year after test driving a couple and falling in love. Bottom line this is a very stiff car that is noisy and not a lot of fun to take on trips much over an hour. It performs well for a stock car, but isn't overly fast in a straight line. It does have a good suspension, but the stock tires are expensive and downright scary in the rain. This has been relegated to a garage queen that I only take out when the top can go down. If you can afford a fun weekend car, it's great. For daily life, I found it unbearable.

bullet proof and drives like one too
By sd on 08/26/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had car now driven in every road condition the tcs is awesome you can spin the car in a tight circle or slide into a parking spot. You really have to learn to drive the short box tranny I rarely use 6th gear. I keep it at 4500 rpm at all times you will forget about the sorry low end power. Vtec is to be used with gas pedal completely engaged and completely engage it again when you hit 9250 to shift it has enough power then. No need for mods Honda did good on this one. I owned a 2003 mustang cobra and I like the s2000 a whole lot more.

Excellent Roadster
By alangc on 01/02/08 13:11 PM (PST)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is for those who like to drive performance cars. It is not a weekend roadster or a commuter car. It is built for one purpose only and that is for cornering and high speed.

S2000
By wheels on 12/29/07 15:56 PM (PST)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is my SECOND 2003 S2000, and it's flawless like the first! It's a blast to drive, top up or down. It always draws attention.

S2000 best sports car for price
By DEB on 09/10/07 12:43 PM (PDT)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The S2000 has high horsepower, beautiful style, classy, and hugs the road. Push button start, fun to drive, top always down unless it is raining or freezing cold.

Extended the lease
By DaDeacon's on 02/28/07 14:30 PM (PST)

2003 Honda S2000 2dr Roadster (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Hot wheel stickers are on the rockers in front of the back wheel because it's Yellow and Hot. I've driven this roadster for 4yrs and yes in the snow too! If the snow isn't too deep it goes like a 4x4. This yeller car is the most fun I've had driving. Having driven everything else that goes fast this car is an everyday rush! 55000 miles and no problems. The most "attracting" car to the public that I have ever owned. The engine is bullet proof and 70 mph is all I have ever taken it to. It corners like a yellow Twinkie on rails. I personally think it's powerful enough and boogies when I wind her up. I told myself to never fall in love with my cars but this love is a marriage made in heaven!