Used 2012 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love my civic!
By Nyagresk

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

ROAD NOISE SUCKS THOUGH!!! Very noisy. And there no outside air display which is kind of weird. Other than that it is amazing. I love the gas mileage and that it takes regular gas. Looks super sporty on the outside and slick interior is nice and simple. So far so good! 19.120k miles and going strong.

Nice Car but Having Some Mechanical and Mileage Issues
By happykt1

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like my car even though it looks like a 10 year old fuddy duddy Toyota Camry from the rear.
With the Eco Assist on, the acceleration is very mediocre on this car. I also haven't gotten over 30 mpg because of stop and go traffic on the freeways in Austin Tx, which is a huge disappointment to me. I expected better especially since I keep the car in the green zone according to the Eco Indicator quite often. The first month I had the car, it stalled out twice and I was going to take it in but the problem went away. However, four months later in 90 degree heat, the car is once again stalling out, especially in the morning. I only have 5.4 K on the car and drive 22 miles a day to and from work.

USB hookup

Hatchback option! More storage under dash, bigger trunk, better fuel mileage, less hard plastics, better acceleration. I probably would have bought a Toyota Prius C or Mazda 3 Skyactive Hatchback if they had been out last year, especially since they both get 40 plus mpg on the road and are more functional