Don't Buy a Civic
By gtko on
2008 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
This car has design flaws. Visors that brake on regular bases (I was told that this happens a lot). Laundry hooks brake. A/C blowing hot air at stop lights (I was told this is normal). I have just made my 4th payment and the crappy car is in the shop being worked on for the 6th time. This time the engine is rattling in the morning when it is first started because it is cold. The car also dies when put in reverse. I did not buy a new car to have to have it worked on all the time.
Favorite Features
It's cute, good on gas.
Suggested Improvements
Take it back and fix the problems.
By morganne
on 01/04/12 08:30 AM (PST)

I've had all of the exact same problems. My sunvisor broke because the glue inside melted. I went to the dealership and they were going to charge me $800 to fix it and said they would have to order a part which would take a week so I said forget it because that is ridiculous. About a year later I got a form in the mail about the sunvisor recall. My laundry hanger also broke. The air vent adjusters are breaking. When I put my car in reverse it vibrates and I was told that is the motor mount going out. I have had nothing but trouble with my Civic. I bought the extended 100,000 mile warranty and it seems like a waste of money because it doesn't cover any of the problems.