Better-than-EPA-mileage
By Paula Kelly on
2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)
My civic replaced my 13-year-old 1989 Mazda. Six months after I got this car, my mom became ill and spent two years in a nursing facility 65 miles from home. For 104 weeks, I made the round trip at least four times a week. In the winter, with four snows, I averaged 46-50 mpg. With regular tires, 50 mpg was the minimum; I often got 54- 57 mpg. My round trip between Albany (NY) and Saugerties (NY) took about TWO GALLONS of gas. I would get slightly better mileage when I didn't use cruise control. I had to rally search for my standard-and I love it. The HVAC could be better. Suburban driving less than 20 miles a day gets 38-43 mpg. The car needs better colors.
Favorite Features
Great clutch; shifts easily. The seats are comfortable and the mirrors are good. It's very reliable. It has decent acceleration - I've gotten two speeding tickets. The mileage is SUPERB!!!
Suggested Improvements
The color choices are too limited; I could have tan or tan (no matter what it's called, it's tan). The heat and the air are good but the defrosters, not so much. How about a sun or a moon roof? Maybe a bigger glove box? A power socket you can use at the same time you use both cup holders?