practical performance car?
By VTNighthawk2006 on
1999 Honda Civic Si 2dr Coupe
I've owned my 99 Si since august of 2003 w/ 63K and I’ve never looked back. Its fun to drive, looks great, and takes corners like none other in its class. I also love the B16a engine and the fact that it could be a fuel miser or a performance machine, depending on what you want at the time. I used to own a 95 GS-R, and while i still think the Integra was sportier, the civic has much more room and 6x9 speakers in the back, so it balances out. Overall, a great car for anyone, but esp. for poor college kids like me who still have the need for speed. I plan on keeping it until it dies (200K+ hopefully).
Favorite Features
B16a engine and it's MPG (my record is 40MPG highway), the exterior styling (it looks great, and looks like a typical civic, so it doesn't get much attention from the 5-0 running radar), cornering ability, Honda reliability, and most of all....THE 8000 RPM REDLINE!!!!
Suggested Improvements
The seats suck, the stock stereo sucks, and the lack of torque is annoying, but everyone has said that. My gripes, other then those three, are lack of Immobilizer on the keys, the terrible range on the keyless remotes, and the whole theft thing. But that’s a problem with any Honda.