1999 Honda Civic Consumer Review: I will keep this car forever

1999 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

I will keep this car forever
By David N. on

1999 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my Civic as a used "certified" car with 41,000 miles on it. The car was bought new from the dealer I purchased it from, serviced there, and then traded on another (same color even!) The car is a blast to drive, and looks good getting great mileage. I took it on a trip recently and even with a lot of secondary road travel, I got 41 mpg. I have the taller spoiler and have been asked what kind of car it is (it has been mistaken for a prelude by some) I just had it painted at a cost of 4,982 dollars due to a gravel hauler incident (no body work, just paint) and plan to pull it off the road for the winters now. When I pay it off, I'll buy a little larger Accord and have fun with this one

Sunroof, spoiler, interior finish, red and clear wrap around tail lights, passenger seat that comes forward allowing me to have a 2 door and a 4 year old daughter. Love the back end of the car, the color of red I have is almost the same color as the tail lights.

Not crazy about the cruise button on the dash, and the controls on the steering wheel aren't the most easy I have used. The cup holders suck, I have not found anything that sits up in them yet, Could use a little more hp, but would rather have the mpg.Rubber where window meets the door is cracking.