Used 1991 Honda Accord Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

1991 Honda Accord Coupe

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

In the Family since 1991
By 91hondaaccord

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

My grandparents purchased this beast in 1991 fresh off the lot on New Year's Eve. After they decided it was time to upgrade, they sold her onto my Aunt, from there my parents bought her for my sister when she turned 16 for $1500 (they only wanted $1000). Once my sister bought her own car the Honda was past on to me. She has 239,000 miles, and was just beautifully repainted (cost was almost as much as she was worth...). She has had a new transmission, A/C, and minor upgrades throughout the six years she has been in the possession of my parents. Great reliability, but gas milage isn't nearly as good as others (I'm getting low - mid 20s, but I driver her hard).

Favorite Features

Great handling, visibility for changing lanes, roomy. Why don't they ever have the 2dr. coupe, LX model in Automatic as an option?!? Well thats what I've got.

Suggested Improvements

It's quite low for me (6'4"). When my dad (6'5") and I are in it together we touch shoulders. I need to get a new radio, antenna, and speakers, hubcaps, and she will be better than new. Only issue I have with her mechanically is that when I start her and its cold (either outside or in the garage at school) theres a squeal from one of the belts slipping. I believe it's connected to the A/C, but the mechanics have yet to hear it and believe me...only issue is it causes some decent embarrassment when I'm in a lot of Range Rovers, Audis, BMWs, and Mercedes at a university with tuition at $50,000+ a year. But she's mine and I love her!

Get one with low miles!
By Dillon

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

Got this car after I wrecked my 93 Mustang for $1800 with about 165k miles on it. It's a good car, not much more could be asked for with the price I paid. The AC went from freezing me out to not working in a few weeks, the variable speed sensor is going out (a common problem with this model), the trunk is leaking, needs new CV joints, a tune up, and I have had head gasket work done, a new battery and alternator, and a new timing belt. It's a great car still, but it's a money pit. Once something goes wrong, everything starts to follow. The gas mileage is the saving grace; I get about 40 highway and around 32-34 in town.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and the suspension system. Electric seat belts, windows, and mirrors are a nice luxury. Lots of power for a 4 cylinder; it beat out a couple of V8's I've driven

Suggested Improvements

Not too much you could ask for from a really cheap car. The trunk is pretty bad about leaking, the speed sensor, and the CV joints are a big problem with this model.

Great Reliable Car!
By Lisa

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car brand new in 1991 and I love this car! It has been the most reliable car ever. I have kept up oil changes, replaced timing belt, replaced air conditioner, replaced cv joint and just recently replaced the alternator. I had it repainted and windshield tinted and replaced the hubcaps with new Honda ones. Still a beauty and the shape timeless. This car has 220,000 miles on it and I hope to see another 100,000 miles!

Very Nice Car
By Dillon

1991 Honda Accord Coupe LX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car about a week after the transmission in my 93 Mustang went out and I haven't had too many problems out of it. It gets great mileage (about 38-40 highway and 30-32 city), it's reliable, cheap and easy to maintain and fix, and you can always find parts if you need them. After several months of driving it and putting miles on it (I bought it with 170,000 and now have 184,000) I've had to do some work on it. I replaced the entire exhaust system, new head gasket, water pump, fuel filter and pump, and tires of course. I need to get a tune up and some new CV joints, but after that, it'll be a great car for school next year!

Favorite Features

Cheap, great mileage, and easy to maintain. It'll never leave you stranded if you take care of it

Suggested Improvements

A little work on the AC system and electronics. Plus the trunk leaks some, but it's an easy fix.

Go with the best: Honda
By harvey

1991 Honda Accord Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in high school, my senior year and sold my truck because I was going to college. It had 120,000 on it when I bought it. Now, 5 years later it has 356,000 miles! Although the A/C has broke and it burns a little oil, those have been my only big problems. I still own this car and drive it daily 60 miles to and from work. It has served me well.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage (32 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Don't care for the auto seat belt.