2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:
Great little workhorse!
By BigD on 05/29/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is a little truck with an attitude...I have the 4.3 V6 and it will take on those big boys like the full size fords and dodges and stay with them. now this is a stock V6 and it has the sound of a big boy! it tows real good and can carry a big load and still do 70mph...so if you are looking at this model of a truck you will not be disapointed if you buy it!

1 fun ride!
By LINMUP on 02/02/05 23:12 PM (PST)

2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SLS 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've had really good luck with my '02 Sonoma SLS 5spd. with a 4.3l V6. It's definitely a fast little truck with only a few small/cheap parts. Cold air intake and a hypertech chip and you've got a sport truck. I love blowing away the occassional sport compacts and full- sized "accessorized" trucks! Power-to- weight ratio...you do the math (275hp+small, light truck= HOLD ON!)

Wish I could do it over!!!
By floydfan76 on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has been nothing but problems. My truck has less than 8000 miles on it and it has had the dash replaced, transmission rebuilt. The fuel injector, intake gasket and rocker covers have also needed replacing. I have tried to get a buy back from GMC but I guess the truck hasn't broken enough for them to do that yet, and I do say yet because I am convinced that they will buy the damn thing back by the time it is all said and done. Stay away far away from this truck.

My 2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab
By gordon1fan on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SL 2WD SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At the time that I was writing this, my GMC Sonoma has about 450 miles. My 2002 GMC Sonoma SL Regular Cab features a four-cylinder Vortec 2.2 liter engine with sequential port fuel injection that is powered by producing 120 horsepower and 140 lbs-ft of torque. My vehicle also has Automatic transmission and all-season SBR tires. I really did not get the truck that I wanted. I was shopping around for a extended cab, automatic with a 4.3 liter V6. I had to get what I could afford, so I test drove and bought this 2002 GMC Sonoma SL Regular Cab.