2010 Ford Transit Connect Consumer Review: It's designed for work

2010 Ford Transit Connect - Consumer Review

Cargo Van XLT Cargo Minivan (2.0L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/Rear Glass)

It's designed for work
By henrickson on

2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XLT 4dr Minivan w/Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've carried more cases of wine, beer, soda, computer equipment then I can shake a stick at. This vehicle is designed for that and excels at it. It's amazing what it swallows. I just finished hauling 27 fully loaded 18 gallon totes in one load. I'm sure I was pushing the hauling weight capacity but it worked perfectly. When it's empty it rides like a washboard but it hauls cargo with the best. I've had zero mechanical problems and the divers side is comfortable for a full day's work. I've overloaded it and driven it for 10 hours on the interstate and it did well. It's not great on the interstate in high winds but again it's really designed for around town.

Cargo space geometry, ease of loading and unloading, low deck height and pass through rear doors. Tie downs (needs more though) and price.

Number one is it needs more tie downs. It only has two in the rear of the cargo area. It needs at least two up front but I'd love to have it come standard with six. The speakers are crap. I listen to it all day and would like better sound. Passenger seat really needs a passenger side arm rest. I get this complaint constantly when people ride with me.