Euro Van for the 2010's
By BW on
2010 Ford Transit Connect Cargo Van XL 4dr Minivan w/o Side & Rear Glass (2.0L 4cyl 4A)
I was wanting a Transit Connect since Debut. Ford does plenty of commercial business with these and as of now the dealer discounts to consumers are not huge. The different Window configurations intrigued me, but I chose windows and Silver Metallic, because I think upwards of 75 percent of the cargo vans are white. Windows are a good thing in today's busy driving world but for those who opt windowless the customizing options inside are even more endless. The extras in the XLT do not grab me and the CD radio is still half garbage, so I went with an XL and up fitting the van to taste. A Better aftermarket Stereo is mandatory. Alloy wheels merit consideration; basic steel wheels come on all.
Favorite Features
Almost Standing Height 4' 10" in back. Makes a great little mini Camper I think. Foreign ... German Ford Influence, Coach made in Turkey, Engine Made in Spain (I think), final fit and assembly USA. Built truck like for the long haul and to be economical I project. Its The New Euro Van on the block
Suggested Improvements
Finish the insides nicer with insulation and paneling, instead of the painted hollow steel, especially if you want more consumers to buy a Transit wagon version. Right now these are being upgraded on the secondary market, but it would be nice to see Ford offer some factory customization options.