2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A sound car
By Plunder on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Best thing about the car is that it has no major flaws--especially for the price. Comfortable ride, quiet and smooth. Nice large car that gives you a lot of feedback on what the tires are doing on the road.

We're happy!
By R & C Malcolm on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First we narrowed our search through the net. We found Greene Ford in Gainsville, Ga. The Staff was great... in fact when we were going to meet our rep for the first time. Our trade in blew a radiator hose about 20 mmiles out of Gainsville... On a rollback we pulled in. They showed us what we and they picked out. Just what we were looking for.. The car is great. lovely drive, comfortable and spacious. for reliability... IT's A FORD! We are Happy!

OK for a Ford
By jimmy123 on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Actually no mechanical problems, Other than that the style is still ugly. (I didn't buy it, its a Fleet Car)

Taurus Review
By J Bartram on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Upon driving this car to Connecticut from North Carolina my mileage was over 30 per gallon and the ride was extremly comfortable.

My 3 Day Review...
By Charles Gathers on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car 3 days ago after having a good history with my previous car, the '94 Mercury Sable. Has enough pick-up to get going when you need it.

An average car
By Fordliker on 04/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Taurus and it is average. It has 18,000 miles and nothing has gone wrong. It isn't a high preformance luxury car, but it gets the job done.

91 ford taurus
By tigger123 on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 91 ford taurus L sedan is the best car ever!! The taurus is better than dodge,chrysler, and honda!

cars worth today
By seeking on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Love it, rides well ,good leg room , great acceleration

Not your Father's Taurus
By hiandy on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Deluxe 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

When looking for a new car to buy, the last thing I wanted to get was my Dad's car. But one look at the sleek design of the Taurus SEL with a spoiler and you quickly discover this is not a conservative car. The power and smooth ride is truly unbelievable. I have driven this car at 110 mph and it was smooth as glass thanks to the big 16" tires. The engine is powerful and reliable at 200 hp. On the inside, it's pure luxury. Power everything, sunroof, and a kick-butt Mach stereo system, keeps me smiling every mile I drive. This is truly a great car. At 19000 miles, I haven't had any problems.

Taurus brakes!
By ludishirley on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus SEL Premium 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Seems to be a good car with plenty of power and features including good safety features. However, I'll have to say had I known the Taurus sedan did not have rear disc brakes I would not have bought it. It's my fault for not being smart enough to know this, however, the salesman should have been up front with me on this matter as he was with every other feature of the car. My last five cars including my current second car have four wheel disc brakes; I'll never buy another car without them. There isn't a car in the Taurus competition that doesn't have or offer four wheel disc brakes (Camry, Accord, Altima, Maxima).