2002 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2002 Ford Taurus LX (3.0L V6)
By Wilson on 02/11/09 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First new car for the family. Have now 106,800 miles on it. Besides regular maintenance the only item that has failed was the starter at 106K. Other than that is been just regular oil changes, an a tune up at 106K. Easy to drive, comfortable. We have taken it on many long trips and has always performed very well. We get about 26 miles per gallon on the highway, about 23 in city driving.

WHAT A DEAL
By Les on 03/23/05 13:13 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus used, 1.5 years old, with warranty, for less than half the price of a new one. The biggest surprise was decent handling, even better than my '00 Acura TL (before I changed springs). Lots of room inside, good fuel economy with smaller engine. Something of rarity these days, no ABS, I love it, especially on snow. For some reason there are no aftermarket parts, like lower springs, better shocks, but stock is not so bad. No ridiculous gap between fenders and wheels. My recommendation - get a used one from rental fleet, you'll save tons of money. With 65,000 miles on it, all I've changed was brake pads (twice), tires (3 sets), and ball joints. The car is driven hard and fast, almost problem free.

Ford Taurus: The Most UNDERATED VEHICLE
By bevlar on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Ford Taurus, was bought via the internet, after compaig 10 different models--equipment, features, price, etc. In my opinion, the Taurus is one of the most UNDERRATED CARS OF THE PAST FIVE YEARS! The car simply does what you want it to do! The quality, and attention to detail is evident in all aspects--drive train--body integrity-- interior, etc. Not to mention,that Taurus, is Ford's' "Official Race Car"- winning the NASCAR Winston Cup Manufacturers cup in 2002.

transmission
By cat rio on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 1999 Taurus. I bought it certified from the dealer. It had 43000 miles on it when I bought it. At 75000 the transmission gave out. It was covered under the extended warranty I bought with the car. I had no problems dealing with Ford for the repair. It broke down 200 miles from my home, and even though I was far from my usual service dept., they treated me well, and repaired it in a reasonable amount of time. I have heard the 1999 trani's go out around 75000 pretty regularly, someting I wish I had known. Other than that...I love the car.

Darn Good Value!
By Jack_Izer on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is probably one of the best deals out there right now. We took advantage of the $2500 rebate rather than the 0% offer. Clean styling, comfortable seating for 5 (could squeeze 6 in a pinch). Got it for 16,700 - after rebates & before taxes/doc. The LX is the base model, but it comes with power windows/locks & even a passive security system. All this plus a 5 star crash rating. Great car for the money!

2002 TAURUS LX SEDAN
By happy buyer on 02/10/02 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A GREAT CAR TO BUY. NO SUPRISES HERE, JUST SOLID VALUE.AND WITH THE REBATES YOU CAN GET ONE AT THOUSANDS BELOW DEALER COST. YOU CANT LOSE ON THIS ONE. JUST AVOID FIRESTONE TIRES.TRULY A SOLID PURCHASE.