2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Reli'ble Thing

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Reli'ble Thing
By ChampionDriver01 on

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This Taurus is SO better than the late 90's Eclipse one. Had a 99 and it was a lemon. This Taurus is great. At roughly 65K, everything started going. First, my car had been running for 10 minutes, and heard a clunking noise. My rear- right wheel was hot. I called the dealer and they said to refuel with a different gas (huh?) but helped. The next week, the air bag sensor was trashed. I thought about trading the Taurus in for a Freestyle but didn't. THEN, a hose in the engine had shredded its seal, and that was OK, but was stranded at the dealer for 5 days because they didn't have the part. Finally, the front headlight is fogged. But this is the best car I have ever owned. Fords only for me forever!

60/40 split rear seat, display, radio easy 2 operate, drives like a Porsche (probably because I have the DOHC 24V engine), reliability, features, center console. The console in the bench was AWFUL!, wheels stay clean, pueblo gold metallic shows no road residue.

Free maintenance program, offer two- tone colors in interior. BUT IT'S A PERFECT CAR OTHERWISE!