1990 Ford Probe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
Class 1 Probe
By class_1_probe on 08/18/12 18:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Hello, I have a 1990 Ford Probe GL. While it may not be the fastest car out there it has been very dependable despite having 226,000 miles on it. The engine has never been rebuilt and runs strong! I wish it had more power under the hood but it runs well and is in excellent condition. I have seen only two other Probes on the road like mine and they were rough! so I feel it is a rather unique car and I love the "TNG" styling. (Trek talk) :)

Perfect pizza delivery or college car!
By sam on 08/11/08 18:37 PM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I am the 3rd owner of this car. When I got it, it had 125,000 miles, now it has 153,437 miles. I just recently gave it a tune up. it was getting a little sluggish. Now it's running great again. I went on a 165 mile one way trip and only used 1/4 tank of gas! the AC has never been worked on, to my knowledge anyway, and it is just now starting to take longer to get cold and it's 2008 the car is almost 20 years old. It is fun to drive and if I could make it into a sedan that would be great. I plan on keeping this car until it dies, and can not be fixed. I'm a big guy, and it fits me well.

great car
By Tleah on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I call it my energizer bunny. Except for NY state rust it is doing very well. When bought a lot of money had to be put into it because of the winters and other non care of it but since then it has done wonders for me. I do not have a lot of money and I keep this car going on a shoestring budget. I would get another one.

World's Greatest Vehicle
By Mr. Undisclosed on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

This car is great! Super intensly awesome with no doubt aboot it!

Probe GL 90
By DaveB on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

Overall a ok value, insuffient room under the hood, recurring electrical problems (pop up headlight problems, needs to much current to start).

A '90 Ford Probe was my first car.......
By veronika on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1990 Ford Probe from a family member, but they failed to tell me the car had a few glitches...so as time went on, I had to put in a brand new radiator, I fixed the A/C so now it is working and gives cold air, and heat. I tinted the windows-which gave it a nice look. New tires were also added. And a few other things. But once I had fixed most of the major problems, it was smooth running from then on. Right now I am in the process of selling my Probe. The car has been reliable, I can say it has never left me anywhere, but a car like that needs to be well taken care of.

Well Built
By Vinnie on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

I've had this car for almost 12 years and it has been great. This morning when I pulled in to work the odomoter read 352,211 miles. Unfortunately, the original engine only lasted 330,000 miles. Darn!!! I've never been standed and from the day I bought it used, it has always started on the first crank. This car has been an absolute joy to have. Kudos to Ford and Mazda.

Great going to work vehicle, but not kid
By John the Baptist on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

This vehicle was given to me last year, the only thing is that it burns oil a bit, but otherwise nice. Not for using with kids, only 2 seat belts in back, and a PAIN to get car seats in. GREAT for what it was given to me for. Back and forth to work and to run small errands (by yourself that is! :-) )

Relentlessly Reliable
By gch on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Ford Probe GL 2dr Hatchback

225,000 and still going. One owner. Has its wear and tear, but the Mazda made engine is relentlessly rugged. The Ford body and interior and electrical had some issues. But this car has gone far beyond the call of duty. I may be donating it within a week or two....looking at the used mid to upper end market now....maybe something with a Mazda engine.