2005 Ford Mustang Consumer Review: Pure Satisfaction

2005 Ford Mustang - Consumer Review

GT Deluxe Coupe (4.6L V8 5-speed Manual)

Pure Satisfaction
By Paul Mullins on

2005 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

A return to it's roots. I own a black GT. I had double silver stripes added, then found the Bullit style mag wheels. The fit and finish are excellent. Ford went back to the drawing board with this one, and turned out a winner. The car handles like a dream, and there's nothing that can touch it for pure lateral acceleration. 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.I don't use all that power, but it's nice to know it's available. The car is a head turner on the road. Many times, I've had to avoid someone because they're looking at the car and not looking at where they're going.

The overall look suggests the '65 version, but all grown up. The car is wider, has a higher stance in front, and everything else is retro. The car is really beautiful. From the cockpit to the pony on the grill. I like that the speedometer goes to 140 in my GT.

I feel the rear trunk deck should be lowered to really make the car look like a '65. I would like to see a chrome trim kit for the door windows, windshield, rear window, and the grill. The turn signal housings should also go retro.