Used 1998 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Super Mustang
By HappyJuls

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My Mustang has been a great car. It has been on many road trips and traveled 180,000 miles and I have had no problem with the car at all. I haven't taken the best care of it (mechanical wise), but it still runs great. I really don't have any major complaints about it! Definitely got my moneys worth out of it.

I love how I fit into the car. The seat is so comfortable and everything is in perfect reach. It is like the car was made just for me!

The cupholders really aren't too functional for actually holding cups while driving - cups spill out. I would make the opening to trunk larger - lots of trunk space, just hard to get stuff in the trunk. Not much room for other passengers. My car holds me and thats about it.

'98 Ford Mustang
By Powerhorse

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 1998 Ford Mustang is by far the best car I have ever owned. It gets about 24-25 mpg in the city, and about 30 mpg on the highway. The styling on Mustangs are unbeatable, both the interior and the exterior. The performance is pretty good coming from the 3.8 Liter V6 but its not like the GT or the Cobra. The reliability of the Mustang is great; its never stranded me anywhere, even when its down near 0 degrees in the winter it just starts right up. Overall I would give this car a 10 out of 10 -- it's a wonderful car and I have never once regretted buying it. I would strongly recommend this car to anyone.

I like the gas mileage from the 3.8L V6, I get consistent mid-20s mpg. The performance was surprisingly good also. The reliability is outstanding.

I wouldn't suggest anything, it's perfect as is.

Great car has lasted and held up well.
By Cruzzza

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had no problems mechanically with my car. That means a lot to me. I am constantly annoyed by the fact that when you have a cup in the front cupholder, you can't shift. Also the cupholders aren't adjustable, so if you go round a curve, and the cup isn't a perfect fit... oops, there goes another drink. It might be petty to complain about that, but it has been a huge pet peeve to me. The driver's seat is starting to lose integrity. The foam gets smushed after so many years and I get it just doesn't come back to normal after a while. I can't believe that it has been so reliable. Ford did good on this model. Also, they made a lot of stuff standard, I just wish I had cruise.

A lot of standard features. Power everything. They even included mirrors on both visors!

The Mustang seriously needs better cupholders and better placement of them. Better trunk access. Can't it be built a little bit bigger while keeping the same style? I think that a slightly larger version of the same car would be great, maybe the backseat would even be usable then!

Too Hot to Handle
By Stangman36

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Absolutely nothing
wrong with it. Everyone's head turns
when I drive by.

Favorite Features = The whole damn thing

I would bump up the horses a little; 150 isn't enough.

pretty good
By saleen

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well ive owned the mustang since ive
bought it some time ago,And i have to
say ive enjoyed it alot and have no
problems with it that i can recall.It
does not ride very smooth but whats the
point thats why u buy a sports car for
excitement,right?

The favorite things id say are the sleek looks of it from the exterior and interior.And so many options to make it look unique.

The only thing i dont like are the hp numbers.It could use atleast about 60 more horses i say.Other than that i think its a better buy than the other gm vehicles.