Used 1998 Ford Mustang Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Great car has lasted and held up well.
By Cruzzza

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have had no problems mechanically with my car. That means a lot to me. I am constantly annoyed by the fact that when you have a cup in the front cupholder, you can't shift. Also the cupholders aren't adjustable, so if you go round a curve, and the cup isn't a perfect fit... oops, there goes another drink. It might be petty to complain about that, but it has been a huge pet peeve to me. The driver's seat is starting to lose integrity. The foam gets smushed after so many years and I get it just doesn't come back to normal after a while. I can't believe that it has been so reliable. Ford did good on this model. Also, they made a lot of stuff standard, I just wish I had cruise.

Favorite Features

A lot of standard features. Power everything. They even included mirrors on both visors!

Suggested Improvements

The Mustang seriously needs better cupholders and better placement of them. Better trunk access. Can't it be built a little bit bigger while keeping the same style? I think that a slightly larger version of the same car would be great, maybe the backseat would even be usable then!

Too Hot to Handle
By Stangman36

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

I love this car. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Everyone's head turns when I drive by.

Favorite Features

Favorite Features = The whole damn thing

Suggested Improvements

I would bump up the horses a little; 150 isn't enough.

pretty good
By saleen

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Well ive owned the mustang since ive bought it some time ago,And i have to say ive enjoyed it alot and have no problems with it that i can recall.It does not ride very smooth but whats the point thats why u buy a sports car for excitement,right?

Favorite Features

The favorite things id say are the sleek looks of it from the exterior and interior.And so many options to make it look unique.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing i dont like are the hp numbers.It could use atleast about 60 more horses i say.Other than that i think its a better buy than the other gm vehicles.

great car great price
By michaelalec84

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

The ford mustang is an excellent car at an even better price in my opinion. Ive had mine for a little over a year now and it has given me no major problems whatsoever. The power is good coming from the 3.8 liter v6 and the comfort of the front seats is excellent. i would recommned a mustng of my type to anyone who wants something powerful, cheap, good looking and fun to drive.

Favorite Features

front seat comfort and simple but stylish interior design are a quality of the mustang.

Suggested Improvements

none

Great Car....but not for tall people
By MustangShelbie

1998 Ford Mustang Coupe 2dr Coupe

Coming from a Mustang Family (2 1970 Fastbacks/ 1 1989 Hatchback), when I was purchasing my first car I had to go with the Mustang! I love the looks and it still has speed, even though the smaller engine. I would recommend this car to most. The only problem is that at 6 feet tall, my knees are at the dash when I drive. I lower the seat, but I can't see over the front of the hood. The older Mustangs had more leg room...maybe Ford needs to work on that. However, it's a great car!

Favorite Features

It's a Mustang! Speed. Body Style.

Suggested Improvements

Leg Room and/or dash size.