Great Car, Competes with Imports
By Third Ford on
2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
While we didn't intend to buy a Ford, we stopped at the dealership because it was on our way to our next stop. My wife loved the car, especially the parking assist. It compared favorably with the competition, and was much more affordable. So far, it seems sturdy and of good quality. It is fun to drive for most general use, including taking children to college. It is hard to get over the past image of Ford, but this car is a winner and certainly deserves very serious consideration. The only areas needing improvement are the night mirror (too much reflection from the map light fixture), and it is a little underpowered. The I-4 is fine for most uses, but if you can afford the V-6, get it.
Favorite Features
Nice ride, love the included Sirius radio and the parking assist. Seems to be of good sturdy quality. Reviews place Ford at least even with the imports, if not better, in reliability. Trunk space is great for a mid-size.
Suggested Improvements
A little more power in the I-4 needed (how can the imports make a more efficient engine?). Also, move the map lights forward so that the fixture does not show up as a reflection in the night mirror. A tire upgrade would better showcase the ride capabilities (my other car is a Nissan, tires matter)