Not Another Mini-van
By Danno on
2009 Ford Flex Limited 4dr Wagon (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
As a family of 5 and needing to replace our Honda mini-van, we drove everything we could think of. The Flex won based on the fact it didn't drive like anything else we tested. The vehicle rides great, gets decent fuel econ (18c / 23h), and has tons of room. It doesn't handle like a large vehicle which is why it is becoming the favorite car to drive even when we don't have the kids with us. The headrests and non-telescopic steering haven't bothered me like other owners (5' 10" tall) and I find this to be one of the most comfortable cars we have ever owned. The Sync system is outstanding but I'm still learning some of the features. www.syncmyride.com has updates and useful info for owners.
Favorite Features
Sync, vista roof, family DVD, HID headlights, quality interior materials, sweet sound system, ride / handling, NVH, doesn't look or drive like our Honda mini-van (hated it), kids love the ambient lighting. Also love the fact that free oil changes are the only reason I've been back to the dealer.
Suggested Improvements
Still not sold on the exterior looks. The driver seat has a piece of plastic trim on the left front foot that I hit every time I exit the vehicle. I expect it to fall off soon. The factory nav system is WAY too expensive.