Used 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan

View reviews for a specific Five Hundred model:

I love my car
By oliver feria

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have been enjoying the car as much as possible. I feel good in the car because is a smooth drive and also give me style. Very comfortable and even though it doesn't give you the feel of performance car it is very responsive. I can say that the power is there with the acceleration in a smooth way that other don't give you.

The space and the quietness of the interior. It's an awesome ride.

So far none.

Lemon FORD 500
By DR-DALE

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased NEW March 28 2005 and it is now April 12 2006. The car has 4000 miles on it and is sitting unlicensed and unsafe to drive. Entire back end suspension and brakes have been replaced. Some items more than once. Last brake fix turned rotors down to 1/1000 over minimum. Tried to invoke Colorado Lemon Law, but Ford has arbitration clauses which precludes using legal remedy. You must use their designated arbitration service run by Ford Autoline (BBB subsidiary in Washington DC). This process is a sham and I still have the new car sitting unused. Ford Corporate Office tells me they are done fixing this car, which has 4000 miles on it and a 3 year warranty. Ford stonewalls certified letters.

NONE.

Design and build a quality automobile and fix shabby customer service problems.

Transmission and brake pedal problems
By NotAFordFan

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my wife's car, and she is happier than I am. I'm 6'2", 275# and I find the seat lacks back support on long drives. My major problems are the transmission and the brake/gas pedals. We got the 6 speed with FWD for the mileage. I'm used to being able to use engine braking by using a lower gear in my car. This is not an option with the Five Hundred. We had some very hot brakes coming back down from the mountains. With my size 13 feet, I find the pedals too close together both laterally and vertically. With the spongy feel of the brakes, I've found myself pushing down on both pedals at the same time at stop lights. I was thinking about the Freestyle for me, but not with these problems.

Higher seating position making it easier to get in and out. Lots of room in the trunk. It looks like a CAR, not like it came from the Hotwheels design center.

Add another accessible transmission gear to make the brakes last longer. Stiffen the brake pedal response and/or adjust the relative positions of the brake and gas pedals to prevent overlap.

500 is a lot of car for the money
By Jim

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just got my 500 and with all rebates it is a lot of car for the money. The size and ride are great and the fuel cost is the best for a large car. So far my 500 has had no problems.

Size and safety.

Engine options for a larger engine.

Inspect It Carefully!
By James S.

2005 Ford Five Hundred Sedan SE Fwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The Bad: Our white 500 had massive problems with areas of the car not being painted (primer showing through) and with paint runs/defects. Lower front bumper, door jams, inside trunk areas etc. It also had problems with the sheet metal along the rear door seams and rear quarter panel being deformed. There's also the issue of the notorious heat bubble that shows up on the center dashboard console that Ford will not currently fix due to a "pending solution." Next you have the gas tank strap recall that is also pending. The Good: The fuel mileage and cruising range are very good for a car of this size. Achieved 550+ miles on highway trips from the 20 gallon tank. Transmission is impressive.

Safety specifications and crash test data. You feel safe inside this car.

Improve quality of body panels and paint work as noted by Ford's own employees.