Used 1999 Ford Escort Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Escort - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Escort Sedan

View reviews for a specific Escort model:

Best Little Car!
By Jen

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my car brand new, other than normal maintenence, I've had no problems, never been stranded. It's getting older and the seats aren't what they use to be, but old age will do that to you. I'm wondering how many miles my Black Beauty will see.178,000 and counting.

Favorite Features

Great on gas! Inexpensive to maintain. Very reliable. Wish they still made them!

Suggested Improvements

I cant think of any, its been great for the price!

Want More
By Raghead

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I own 4 Escorts,3 99's,1 98. My daily driver is a 2.0 SP 5 Sp sedan. This is the best car I've ever owned. It had 32K miles when purchased and now has 132K. I have replaced 1 set of tires,1 tie rod end and the spark plugs. I drive the car extremely hard.The tach sees 5 grand every day. Fun to drive, handles like a dream and 32 MPG. None of my Escorts has ever left me or my wife stranded. If they still made them I'd buy a new one. Great car.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, styling and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Console design. Headlight lenses milk up

Great bang for your buck
By dunnr

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car was purchased new and we now have 117k miles on it and have never done anything to it except the 100k mile tune up. It has been well worth the purchase price and if Ford still made them we would buy another one.

Favorite Features

With the 5 speed tranny we get 35mpg. Love the keyless entry, great design for the year.

Suggested Improvements

Less hassle to replace the factory radio which is built in with the heater control panel.

Great economy car
By MHW814

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for seven years and have only had to replace brakes and tires and a wiper blade now and then. It's a great car for girls because all of the fluid caps are have labels and the rear seats fold down so you can fit all of your shopping items in the car.

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seats, gas mileage, easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

More leg room in the rear seat and more head room.

Not bad
By Felicia

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Escort from a couple who wanted a newer car. It had high miles for the year, but didn't look bad at all. I've had Escorts and other Fords before and this car has been the best one for me to drive. Body looks good, inside fits 1 adult, 2 kids and a big dog pretty good. I had a few problems with it, such as the brakes, and now I'm told something is broken in the engine, but that little car still moves. Has always been good on gas, and the only time it left me stranded was when I got a dead battery. I drove this car hard. I live in a hilly region and I tend to lay on the gas. The tranny is good, it's just that some mounting thing in the engine is broke, so the car can take a beating.

Favorite Features

Good on gas, big enough for family of 4, pretty good speakers too.

Suggested Improvements

Light for shifter.