1999 Ford Escort Sedan Consumer Reviews 5

1999 Ford Escort Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1999 Ford Escort SE 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Escort model:
Great vehicle
By kca on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This was our 5th Escort, and like all of the others, it has been a great vehicle. Repairs have been minimal and more importantly very inexpensive. We consider these vehicles basic transportation, and they have delivered on their promise. The SE is much quieter than the other models and has been more comfortable to drive. The Escort has been available in the USA since 1981, but has a much longer history in europe (around 1960).

transmission
By mess on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

transmission went out on my '99 after 78,000 miles. It was well maintained.

1999EscortSe
By Ed Ivey on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The car rides and handles like a much larger on the highway. It's no monster on take off but once on the road it has plenty of power.

Top Economy Car
By 99LXSPORT on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is just like any other basic economy car with a kick. The car has an awesome look from behind and side but from front looks really girly, but that all can be changed by taking the orange plate out of your headlights. The 2.0L Split Port Induction engine produces a solid 115 HP and 125 lb/ft of torque good for the SOHC 8V valvetrain. The interior style is solid, just a CD player and you have a solid car.

1999 Escort SE Sport
By JFE on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Owned it a little over 2 years now. Had repeated water leaks in both headlights. Finally corrected. Water in trunk. Replaced inner & outer tie rods on Drivers side. (thanks to hit & run driver) Vibrations from somewhere beneath the car. That was checked and nothing was found. Occasionally the left speaker cuts out.

Good Car to Buy
By salisalisali on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It's a good car to buy althoug needs more leg space for driver.

Very practical car for cost
By Chris Hadley on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car over 2 years ago now. The only problem is the engine developed a shimmy around the 45,000 mile mark. I took it to the dealership and they gave me some crap about tubing or something. It cost me $95 but it fixed the only problem. I got into an accident where I was struck sideways in the back and I walked away and the car was able to be fixed. I was hit by a VERY large truck so I was impressed by the build quality. The car is a smooth ride and peppy for a 4 cyl. engine. I have put well over 7,500 interstate miles on this car in the last year. GREAT CAR!

Pauls review
By Paul Mcknight on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

A very good all around little car.Not much leg room in the back though.

ESCORT IT IS
By JRJNJLB on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

AS A FAMILY MAN I ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF DRIVING THIS CAR. PLUS I NO LONGER HAVE TO USE MY BMW TO HAUL OUR KIDS AROUND. NOT THAT THE KIDS CARE THEY THINK THE ESCORT IS CUTE-ER. IT'S DEFINATELY WORTH EVERY CENT. GAS MILEAGE IS ABOVE AVERAGE 38 HIGHWAY 28 CITY. DESIGN IS MODERN AND NOT LIKE THE OLD ESCORTS. IF YOUR LOOKING FOR SOMETHING FANCY GO SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE, IF YOUR LIMITED ON CASH AND LOOKING FOR A GOOD VALUE-THE ESCORT IT IS.

bye bye ford
By unhappy with FORD on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Escort Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car has been nothing but trouble. My sister has an eight year old escort in better shape. After taking it for repairs every few months, and it is EXPENSIVE now that it is off warranty, I am getting rid of this piece of junk! Honda here I come