2012 FIAT 500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 500 model:
Not good
By cacplanor on 11/17/14 14:34 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

2013 Sport purchased new now with 34K. Same problems many others are facing. Starting stumble, clunks heard and felt through steering system, suspension bumpers, eating tires once a year! Its nice to look at and fun to drive but that's about it. Run away if you appreciate what a "good" car is. Chrystler doesn't care if your car is broken, they'll tell you it's all "normal". You know, that "normal" clunk in the steering. The same clunk which would have stopped you/me from buying the car if a new one made it! Mine had that "norma"l clunk after only 6K miles. Thanks for that screw Chrysler, I won't soon forget it! Your cars suck and Uncle Sam should've let fail like you deserved.

Baja Life
By bajatexan on 11/04/14 12:22 PM (PST)

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2012 Fiat 500C (automatic) new in Aug 2012. To date, I have put almost 60,000 miles on it. I would drive 90 miles each way to work from Baja to San Diego on a daily basis. The exterior has held up extremely well and I have had no mechanical issues! The interior looks inexpensive but has held up well. I'd buy one again in a heartbeat!

25K Trouble free miles and smiles...
By markus1963 on 10/14/14 05:26 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our new 2012 500C (5MT) from Fullerton Fiat, NJ and could not be happier. The car has performed flawlessly over the past two years. After trading in our Mini Cooper S, we purchased a white body with red top combination Pop. The only services required have been the regular oil/filter changes and tire rotation.

FANTASTIC VEHICLE!
By bjv1440 on 09/13/14 10:29 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

First I have to say that my vehicle is an automatic; NOT a 5 speed manual. I'm not sure why there is no option for this model on the drop down. My wife drove a rental one to AZ and feel in Love with it! I surprised her with a gift of this one and she has put about 30,000 miles on it in the last year. She averages 42 mpg combined! On a recent trip I drove and we encountered some terrible weather outside of Wendover, NV. The POP drove right through the Heavy Wind and was NOT blown around when passing semis! This vehicle has TONS of room inside for being so small on the outside. Five people can fit comfortably for a trip! Way to go FiatChrysler!

So far so good.
By trojas001 on 09/09/14 09:50 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought My fiat 500 sport used with 30.000 miles on it. It now has 65,000 mile. After readying some negative reviews. All I can say that'ís truly unfortunate . So far my car has been running strong I drive my fiat daily commuting to work 60 miles every day. I take my car to my mechanic for its regular oil changes he also lubes and looks over everything and every time I go to pick up my car he lets me know that everything looks good. Nothing to be concerned about. For those who take their car to the dealership and have had bad experience you'íre better off going to your own mechanic you trust. I have the best mechanic . There are some things that disappoint me about my fiat, as you all kno

Never again!!!
By prizm2356 on 06/22/14 16:32 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Horrible. Needs engine replaced at 34,000 miles due to a cracked head. Check engine light flashing all the time, arm rest broke off, ball joint in front so bad it failed safety inspection. Both emblems front and back fading out.

Sad to have raved about it
By carreview5 on 05/06/14 13:10 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car I was really excited and raved about it to all my friends. I expected nothing but great things from this little car and really started saving a lot of money in Gasoline purchases. (Was getting 42+ MPG by driving reasonably and not being aggressive with it, it’s not a racer) 27,000 miles into it, the clutch failed (in rush hour traffic no less) and Fiat claims that it was just worn out. All calls for Customer Service ended in no help what-so-ever. Fiat is not ready to return to the American car market. Do not purchase this car. The clutch replacement at the studio costs 10 percent of the price of the car.

Glad to be rid of it!!
By hatethefiat on 04/23/14 17:08 PM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in august of 2012. RED, inside and out. I fell in love with the look. Bad idea. As soon as I took in on the highway the first time, the ABS sensor fell off. Then as soon as it spent one night in a snow bank), shocks were noisy. I can't remember how many garage visits, but they were never able to fix it. Then, the transmission failed, I was unable to press the clutch pedal. then again this winter, the same issue with the shocks after another night in the snowbank. Avoid this car at all costs. Dealer as well as Fiat Canada were extremely unhelpful too. Thank god another dealer was a lot more helpful. Got rid of the thing last week and bought a Toyota.

WARNING - Dangerous vehicle
By wikolia on 03/27/14 05:27 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Pop 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

while driving in left hand hand lane of I-95 in FL, (blood alley) the engine shut down and I had to drift over 2 lanes to the hard shoulder. got towed to dealership where the valve actuator, camshaft and generator had to be replaced. this vehicle had only 6000 miles on it. after NO help from dealership or FIAT corporate office I have no faith in this brand at all. I'm lucky to be alive. please note this is an automatic vehicle. there was no option for automatic in the dropdown menu.

I wish I didn't purchase this car.
By nomorefiat500 on 03/13/14 11:34 AM (PDT)

2012 FIAT 500 Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Sigh..I fell in LOVE with my little 2012 Fiat 500 Sport until problem after problem. I just hit 30k miles and so far here are the issues; Clutch plate needed fixed, sometimes it wouldn't start since day 1; boot shifter replaced 2x; back windshield wiper fluid doesn't spray anymore, tire has a hole in it upon purchase, noticed next day, clock replaced as it wouldn't keep time, radio (CD Player) wouldn't eject CD's. I bought the car with 4 miles on it. I do not trust the Fiat dealerships and I do not trust this car anymore. I am trading it in soon. It's ashame, as I loved it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 FIAT 500 in VA is:

$135 per month*