Used 2008 Dodge Nitro SLT SUV Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:

Very dependable
By Jackie

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Nitro for 8 years.
Replaced front brakes once and water pump once . Other than regular oil changes no problems.
Good investment. Paid for for several years. Think I'll keep it. Life time warranty.

Idiling problems
By plank3

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

First vehicle that I bought brand new. The first three years were great but now the truck will stall when idling. I have taken the vehicle back to the dealership for service but the problem cannot be reproduce. Only have 70k on it. Any suggestions?

Like the cargo space and ease of loading.

Awesome Ride ... I Would Recommend
By bluenitroqueen

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2008 Blue Nitro for almost 2 weeks, It is an investment for me cause I hadn't had a payment on a vehicle in almost 6 months. I had a Red Jeep Liberty Limited 2002 that I paid off in January and was so glad to see it go. I had nothing ,but problems from the Liberty during the last 3 months I had it. When I saw the Electric Blue Nitro on~ line I wanted one. I set my mind to it and finally ran across one (that was blue with low mileage) and purchased it with no problem. The sound system is also a plus and I have sirius satelite radio for 3 months at no extra charge. Anyway check it out for yourself if you wanna' know ... go test drive one.

Sound system and Electric Blue Color of My Nitro !

Try leather seats vs. cloth

Nickie's Nitro: I Luv My Truk!
By gabroad

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my used Nitro 6 months ago and still in love with it. I drive alot; have already added 22k miles and it's still going strong. Though not too pleased with the quality of the cloth interior (seats will pick up water stains); I threw on some seat covers and kept it movin... Plan to invest in new seat coverings this summer. Overall, I am very happy with my truck and love its sporty look, spacious interior, easy handling and fair gas mileage.

Exterior body, interior design, easy handling & fair gas mileage.

Higher quality seat & floor covering!

Best Car I have ever owned.
By Jay Macke

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 Nitro is the best car I have ever had. It is a company vehicle and the reliability and performance have been outstanding. I have 98,000 miles on the car and the only maintaince I have had to do is the scheduled oil changes. Still has original brakes and tires. The ride and handling are excellent. Wonderful car. I will purchase another one in 2011.

The ride, look of the car and the reliability and durability of the car itself.

No improvements, keep the car as it is. A real winner!