2008 Dodge Nitro SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nitro model:
Awesome Ride ... I Would Recommend
By bluenitroqueen on 05/05/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2008 Blue Nitro for almost 2 weeks, It is an investment for me cause I hadn't had a payment on a vehicle in almost 6 months. I had a Red Jeep Liberty Limited 2002 that I paid off in January and was so glad to see it go. I had nothing ,but problems from the Liberty during the last 3 months I had it. When I saw the Electric Blue Nitro on~ line I wanted one. I set my mind to it and finally ran across one (that was blue with low mileage) and purchased it with no problem. The sound system is also a plus and I have sirius satelite radio for 3 months at no extra charge. Anyway check it out for yourself if you wanna' know ... go test drive one.

Nickie's Nitro: I Luv My Truk!
By gabroad on 01/16/11 12:43 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my used Nitro 6 months ago and still in love with it. I drive alot; have already added 22k miles and it's still going strong. Though not too pleased with the quality of the cloth interior (seats will pick up water stains); I threw on some seat covers and kept it movin... Plan to invest in new seat coverings this summer. Overall, I am very happy with my truck and love its sporty look, spacious interior, easy handling and fair gas mileage.

Best Car I have ever owned.
By Jay Macke on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2008 Nitro is the best car I have ever had. It is a company vehicle and the reliability and performance have been outstanding. I have 98,000 miles on the car and the only maintaince I have had to do is the scheduled oil changes. Still has original brakes and tires. The ride and handling are excellent. Wonderful car. I will purchase another one in 2011.

I had better
By 484385756 on 04/01/10 20:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my nitro brand new since i bought it, it has given me nothing but problems. in the past year i have taken it to the dealership 8 times and that's not including regular maintenance. I have been driving the engine turned off, or if i come to a stop and then press the gas to go the engine just revs and then slams into gear. i do not recommend this car to anyone.

This Vehicle Leaks!!!
By Denise on 10/26/09 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Got this vehicle for Christmas 2007 and thank God that my car dealer is honest and loyal. This vehicle leaks from the roof!! Whenever there's a heavy rain, I have to go running back to my dealer. This is a terrible Manufacturer's Flaw. Will never purchase another Dodge Nitro again!!

2008 dodge nitro;
By Cindy in Poway on 08/06/09 13:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a nitro 2 wheel drive RT loaded with tow package. I really like it, it drives good, controls are convenient. It is stylish, bright blue, I get good comments all the time.The only had to have a couple little things fixed. Gas mileage around town is only like 18-20 though. It pulls the boat fine. You can use 87 octane.A/C works great. I can find out temperature, gas mileage, etc. on display

I Love my Nitro!
By PLC on 03/19/09 12:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I drive, a lot! I spend about an hour a day if not more in my car so I really wanted something I could rely on and like. I LOVE my nitro!! It's super cute and just what I needed. I chose between this, the Pontiac G6, and the Ford Mustang. Yeah, a wide variety. I got this because of all the room!! I can take my 2 Labs everywhere with me and they ride comfortably. There are a couple things I would change but for the most part I absolutely LOVE it! It hasn't given me any problems yet (knock on wood) and I've put almost 17K miles on it in 7 months! If you get one, give in and get the sound system. I didn't and wish I would have!

I have the RT version 4X4 4litre engine
By fast_dude007 on 03/10/09 04:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After reading a lot of negative reviews from auto journalists about the Nitro, and reading positive comments from owners, I bought a 2008 RT for a very good price. Yes, the ride is a little bit choppy in the RT version, but I do like a firm suspension. I also love the interior of the RT, look and feels so much more superior than the base models. Fuel economy is okay so long I'm easy with my foot. However, my gas mileage is horrible when I step on it and release all its power. I'm not too crazy about the square look of the vehicle, than again it has a lot of room inside. Bottom line, I love this vehicle so far.

Great Fun to Drive
By MarNan on 07/21/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars we have owned. Great ride, a little hard, but very good none the less. Having just completed a 3300 mile trip and averaging over 23.4 miles per gallon was surprising. Granted we drove the speed limit using our cruise control and air conditioning only when necessary but performance was excellent. Long stretches of driving under these conditions on the interstate resulted in over 25 MPG. Rode a little stiff and driver seat a little firm for my liking but only minor problem compared to all of the other excellent features of this vehicle. Dodge has a winner in my opinion. Hope they don't decide to discontinue the model in the near future.

Lovin The Nitro
By Yolanda H on 03/19/08 04:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Nitro SUV SLT 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2008 Nitro in December. I went from the GMC Envoy to the Nitro and I'm loving the Nitro. Road handling is great and the interior is very comfortable, I love the two-tone color of the seats, I wish there was a vortex engine to give the Nitro more power. I haven't put mine on the road yet, but I can't wait to take my first out of town trip.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Nitro Suv in WA is:

$170 per month*