2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Review: Great fun for $20,000

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Review

SRT-4 Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Great fun for $20,000
By youngsrt4 on

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is way too much fun. Get on the pedal and this baby will fly. I love that they added a limited slip ATB differential as it gives this powerhouse hardly any noticeable torque steer. Just point and hold on. I am also very pleased with the fuel economy for a car with this much performance. I have averaged about 26 mpg with it (getting 29 at least 4 times) even with the winter weather. This car also has far more performance that anything even close to its price range. Even my friend who is a foreign car lover (he drives nothing but Toyotas) loves it. He told me it's like riding in a car from the Fast and the Furious. If I can get someone like that to love it, anyone can.

Ridiculously fast, smooth yet firm perfectly tuned suspension, and great looks make this a sure fire way to make other tuner car owners jealous.

About the only thing I would like to have seen (or heard in this case) to be different is the ride. The car has a somewhat noisy road ride. Also, although it's extremely fun to drive, I'd like to get a cruise control, but everywhere I've gone, no one seems to be able to put one on it.